I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dinner, a kiss, & flowers :msp_wink:.

I'm going to watch to see if he bumps that listing, heck I might even call since I'm going to be 'relatively close to' Mongomery several times this week. According to Acres' site the basic Indian Thunderbolt is 6.45 cubes, so it might be worth having, but only for way less than $300.00. I'm guessing that West Bend engine parts are available with some searching.

Model Profile: THUNDERBOLT

Dinner, a kiss, & flowers :msp_wink:.

I'm going to watch to see if he bumps that listing, heck I might even call since I'm going to be 'relatively close to' Mongomery several times this week. According to Acres' site the basic Indian Thunderbolt is 6.45 cubes, so it might be worth having, but only for way less than $300.00. I'm guessing that West Bend engine parts are available with some searching.

They're cool saws, but the most I'd give for one of those is about $90-100 for a pristine specimen. They use a West Bend industrial engine based on the 700, but it's sort of a de-tuned 700. It's the 700 with a shorter stroke. The engine itself is not really a good runner although it can be made to be a good runner with a lot of work and some parts.

Thomas,
Did you get those Poulan 405s? What kind of shape were they in?
David

I did. :D

Great shape cosmetically, he was using them on a mill. One was missing the filter and judging by the amount if sawdust in the intake and the 90psi compression reading I'd guess he ran it like that. The other read 150psi and should be a decent runner. I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, though.

Pics are in the Pioneer thread.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back