I should not have done it but I bought a Dolmar 6400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roanoker494

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Did I have the spare cash to buy it? Nope...... But I have wanted one for a long time and this little beauty showed up on Ebay this morning for $257 shipped, came with a 20" bar and decent chain. I bet I went back to the auction page 20 times while I was "kicking" the idea around but before I knew it I found myself clicking confirm payment. I was also a little skittish because of the low feedback score but I guess even the best sellers had to start at 0, plus the background leads me to believe this person is mechanical inclined and probably maintained the saw. The 180psi of compression makes me happy also...........

KGrHqFlUE4ltPhZirBOOsReWrg0_12.jpg

KGrHqNiUE4wYBZokfBOOsRhBvZg0_12.jpg

KGrHqVhUE3uGkQ-SBOOsR32tUg0_12.jpg

KGrHqIOKpME4vNRi6QDBOOsR40IgQ0_12.jpg

KGrHqFjcE4oMO0e5qBOOsSBHow0_12.jpg

Guess I need a big bore and HD filter kit now...........

Last edited:
Nice buy! Are you going to go with 7900 OEM jug or a BB kit or just leave it as is?

I am on pins and needles waiting for it to get here, hope it all checks out and I am able to put it straight to work. I actually wanted one of these bad enough that I had been considering dropping $600 on a brand new one.

I just cant see how you went wrong there my friend. I mean unless its just not what he advertised. But thats not gonna happen. Why shucks Johnnie, you always do good man. I'll rep ya tomorrow.

Its going to take a while to get the smile off your face......I bought a similar 7900 in about the same condition.....wow, nice saw.:popcorn::popcorn:

Speaking of having a smile on my face, I believe I seen a glimmer of CAD in my seven year old nephew this evening. He came down to the basement earlier in the day while i was working on my 044, he seemed interested but I could not start the saw because of needing a fuel line. Later in the day the mailman dropped off a box full of new OEM Husqvarna coils, unlimited ones of course. I heading off downstairs to install one on my 372xp with my nephew "in tow". I showed him how to install a coil, explained what "unlimited coil" meant and went out to start the saw. His eyes grew to about the size of silver dollars when I fired the saw up, of course that was accompanied by a ear to ear grin. I made a couple cuts and I swear his grin was touching on the back of his head. I shut the saw down, set the decomp, pinned the rear handle with my foot and asked if he want to start it. Took him to hands to pull it over but it fired off on the first pull and I let him rev it a couple times, unfortunately I did have to be the bad guy and tell him there was no way in he** he was going to be doing any cutting by himself. He did seem somewhat content with operating the throttle while I held the saw in the cut. I made him stand on my left side so any kickback would have caught me and my legs were between him and the cut. He did very well and let off the throttle right as I was exiting the cut, looks like we have a "natural" on our hands here. Guess I will have to spend some more time with him and teach him how to respect a chainsaws power, any of ya'll know someone who knows this respect stuff?? Sure would like to have him/her here while I am filling his head with crap........
:yoyo:

No you're right you should have not bought it and left it on Ebay for me to buy.

I could not do that to you good buddy. The only responsible thing I could do was to remove the temptation.......... Makes me sick to think that my grin could have been on some other person's face.......... Glad I did not grab that old Mac 250 earlier this week because I would have had to "bounce a check" to get this 6400.......

I forgot about the rule of "picture or it didn't happen".

My rebuilt 372xp now sporting a new oem unlimited coil
100_2366.jpg

Wish I had taken a picture of my nephew starting the saw.........

H-A H-A-A-A

Welcome to the "dark side"!!! (we have cookies!)

Great score - Rep sent!!!

The 6400 showed up on the porch this evening. It is in good condition and the compression is at 180 psi, I am always skeptical about a sellers compression test. The only real damage I can find is one of the filter cover clips is missing, the retaining rod for said clip is broken and the filter cover has a small piece broken off. The piston and cylinder look new, it has a new NGK plug and the saw is fairly clean.(But not to clean if you catch my drift) My question is why would you run 20" skip on a 6400?? This saw would pull 20" full comp like a tank.

100_2383.jpg

100_2384.jpg

100_2385.jpg

100_2386.jpg

100_2387.jpg

100_2388.jpg

100_2392.jpg

Back