I shouldn't have bid on that saw.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was on e-bay looking at saws. I went and bid on a Makita 6401. Very clean looking. He says it runs good. I won the damn thing. I got it for $190 + $30 shipping. Now I am scared. My wife will be unhappy. Can't say that I blame her. Nobody else we know has more than 1 saw. I already had an ECHO 346, (bought used for $75), and an 8 year old Stihl 029 super, muffler mod). I can't help but blame YOU guys! Before I found this site, I had NO desire to get more saws. I need a shot and a beer......

Last edited:
Nobody else we know has more than 1 saw. I already had an ECHO 346, (bought used for $75), and an 8 year old Stihl 029 super, muffler mod). I can't help but blame YOU guys! Before I found this site, I had NO desire to get more saws. I need a shot and a beer......

You have heard about getting in with the 'wrong crowd'.....obviously you are hanging out in the 'wrong' forum...we are enabling your chainsaw weakness!
:greenchainsaw:
The next thing you know, you will have all of your saw acquisitions listed in you sig line!

(snicker)

Last edited:
Just hand them the old, but if it gets stuck I'll need the other saw to get it out of the pinch unless they know you could just get another bar. Hi

Wife will be unhappy? Shoot, my wife was bidding on a saw for me today on ebay! But, she didn't get it. She was out bid in the last 13 seconds, but she tried though. Actually she was bidding on one I was wanted to give to my Dad for Christmas. It was a mint condition Poulan 361, just like the one he bought new in 1970. He really liked that saw and I wanted to get it for him. The thing sold for $155 + $28 shipping. I was really surprised it went that high.

I was on e-bay looking at saws. I went and bid on a Makita 6401. Very clean looking. He says it runs good. I won the damn thing. I got it for $190 + $30 shipping. Now I am scared. My wife will be unhappy. Can't say that I blame her. Nobody else we know has more than 1 saw. I already had an ECHO 346, (bought used for $75), and an 8 year old Stihl 029 super, muffler mod). I can't help but blame YOU guys! Before I found this site, I had NO desire to get more saws. I need a shot and a beer......

Echo? 029? Sounds like you're getting your first saw to me. :cheers:

Flash, I'm with Space. You needed a real saw. If you want to make your wife happy, sell that 029, a decent one usually fetches $150 -$200. I think the Echo and your Makita will make a nice team. That Makita will spank the 029 like a bad puppy.

Chin up, bucko, we thing you made a fine move. Just bring the wife over to the computer and let her read the thread.

:cheers:

Wah!!!! Go ahead and blame us, we gots big shoulders I think we can handle it (but if your PC mysteriously gets an incurable virus, get another shot, and beer, and saw............ just to feel better about.......oh nm, :D ) Damned enablers!

So now ya gots only 3 crappy saws :) You needs MORE!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

:D

Wife

you need to make sure she knows that all she is, is your 3rd rib... If she's not careful, your going to demand the big guy upstairs give it back to you, lmfao...

hehehehehehehehehe

:cheers: eh?

I was on e-bay looking at saws.
First bad move. Never browse saws on ebay.
Now I am scared. My wife will be unhappy.
Welcome to the club.
Nobody else we know has more than 1 saw.
You obviously don't have the right type of friends. You need more friends like us.:dizzy:
I can't help but blame YOU guys! Before I found this site, I had NO desire to get more saws.
Hey, we're enablers here, not your nanny.:angry2: Plus 3 saws is hardly enough for one man. You still need a MAN size saw like a 395 or 660.
Might I suggest you look into a Mac SP125.:clap:

Back