I shouldn't have bid on that saw.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,,, Like WE made you come here!!!!!!!!

Wah!!!! Go ahead and blame us, we gots big shoulders I think we can handle it (but if your PC mysteriously gets an incurable virus, get another shot, and beer, and saw............ just to feel better about.......oh nm, :D ) Damned enablers!

So now ya gots only 3 crappy saws :) You needs MORE!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

:D

YeAH!!!!!!
WHAT Sprig said!!!!!!!!!!!

No freaking Sniveling allowed,,,,,,

As tek9tim always says,,,

Buck up Butter Cup!!!!!!!!!

Go cut some wood,,,,

If it was me,,,I'd peddle the echo and keep the 029 for a pinch saw,,, and look @ getting the 7900 P/C for the upgrade of the makita!!!!!,,,,,

Then you will be kicking but and slinging some major chips!!!!!!!:clap:

Yep this is how it starts, then you move on up to here-http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=56452

and as Gatkeper said you NEED a mac sp125, he left out the part about hooking a 101 cart motor to it---THEN you will have it all and thats how it ends!

HEY GATKEPER, CAN WE SEE A PIC OF THE 101 POWERED MAC ????:chainsawguy: :clap:

(I DONT OWN A SAW BUT I HAVE 30+ THAT I'M WORKING ON FOR FRIENDS;) )

Last edited:
If it was me,,,I'd peddle the echo and keep the 029 for a pinch saw,,, and look @ getting the 7900 P/C for the upgrade of the makita!!!!!:clap:

Yup Yup! the down side will be that you will have multiple wives PO'd at you because the first time you go out cutting with your buddies, you will have them scouring ebay too! Then all the ebay junkies here will be mad cause all your dang friends will be running the prices up.

Ian

I resisted the other night

There was an old (older than me by a few years) Mono #94 on the Fleabay... looked in decent shape and supposedly "starts easy/runs great"

I was sorely tempted to bid, but held back... The poor little piggybank still has ribs showing through from last week's new 440. As it went, it sold for $130 + $30 shipping IIRC. A bargain at any price!!

But doesn't everyone need a 130cc 22# beastie? It had that evil "Danger Will Robinson! Traumatic Amputation Ahead! Danger!" look to it, that is so hard to resist. It reminded me of the rigid-frame Shovel I built awhile back... a :censored: deathtrap.

Flashy, Sounds like the one 6401 that was from Ohio. Did it have a oil leak in the case at the bottom?

Went for just under $170 with $30 shipping to motorman. I was watching that one too.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal on the saw, I think the retail on those is around 5 bills. You can always try the 'I saved a ton of $$$ on this saw' angle. :)

wife

try this. i send my wife to the mother in laws the day a new one arrives. have the sender use package tracking so you know about a week ahead whens its to be there, then it goes straight to the shop. she wont know any better. good luck!:givebeer:

I don't know

Here's how it goes at our house.

Wife: "The UPS man came today, what's in the box?"

Me: "I don't know."

If she sees whats in the box when I open it.

Wife: "A chain saw!!! What do you need another chain saw for?"

Wife: "How much did that cost?"

If "I don't know" doesn't work for you, feel free to substitute "It was an accident."

Sometimes people send me saws even from out of state to test, both old and new, so far I like them all:smoking:

phoenix

Flashy, Sounds like the one 6401 that was from Ohio. Did it have a oil leak in the case at the bottom?

Went for just under $170 with $30 shipping to motorman. I was watching that one too.

This one is from Phoenix. No oil leak mentioned. Hope it is as good as he said. Fingers are crossed......

problem solved!

I came up with a rational, honest explanation for buying another saw! Right next to our house is a giant seedless Ash tree. 11' circumference. I noticed this year that some of the branch tips are starting to die back. A sign of impending death. I better cut it down before it falls on the house. It might be rotten inside. I'll put a longer bar on the Makita so i can fell this tree myself. The money I save felling it myself will MORE than pay for the saw.
Its right by the house, but I'm sure I can make it fall away safely. I'll borrow a long enough, heavy rope from work and wait for a day when the wind is right, tie the rope to my 72 hp loader tractor, pull the rope snug and shut the tractor off. The tree has more big branches on the safe side so it will fall away from the house. I have felled trees in the past, so I am confident I can make it work.
Sound good?:cheers:

I came up with a rational, honest explanation for buying another saw! Right next to our house is a giant seedless Ash tree. 11' circumference. I noticed this year that some of the branch tips are starting to die back. A sign of impending death. I better cut it down before it falls on the house. It might be rotten inside. I'll put a longer bar on the Makita so i can fell this tree myself. The money I save felling it myself will MORE than pay for the saw.
Its right by the house, but I'm sure I can make it fall away safely. I'll borrow a long enough, heavy rope from work and wait for a day when the wind is right, tie the rope to my 72 hp loader tractor, pull the rope snug and shut the tractor off. The tree has more big branches on the safe side so it will fall away from the house. I have felled trees in the past, so I am confident I can make it work.
Sound good?:cheers:

Sounds reasonsable. Just make sure you tap the area you're cutting to make sure it's not rotten inside already and don't use TOO much tension on your rope. Don't want that thing barber-chairing up into your face.

I was on e-bay looking at saws. I went and bid on a Makita 6401. Very clean looking. He says it runs good. I won the damn thing. I got it for $190 + $30 shipping. Now I am scared. My wife will be unhappy. Can't say that I blame her. Nobody else we know has more than 1 saw. I already had an ECHO 346, (bought used for $75), and an 8 year old Stihl 029 super, muffler mod). I can't help but blame YOU guys! Before I found this site, I had NO desire to get more saws. I need a shot and a beer......

I hope she kills you with it :laugh:

Sounds reasonsable. Just make sure you tap the area you're cutting to make sure it's not rotten inside already and don't use TOO much tension on your rope. Don't want that thing barber-chairing up into your face.
Yup! ^^^, or sending the base sling-shotting into the house, hm, unless you really wanted a wreck-room. You want enough, just enough, snugness so it doesn't go south on ya. I prefer a chain or cable if I have to do that then take out the sag and yer good to go, ropes with stretch can mess with you so think it carefully out and work safe! There are several excellent threads with pretensioning Q&A here btw.

:cheers:

Serge

Another Saw

Do you burn Wood? Turn the thermostat in the house down to about 60 degrees. Tell her you are burned out on cutting wood and that you have lost interest. Then say a new saw might help. Or tell her you are going to sell the old saws to pay for the next one. Then never get around to selling the old saws. Not that I have ever thought about doing these things. Or tell here it is a saw you have had all along you just sent it of to be repaired.

Steve

Latest posts

Back