I weighed a load yesterday.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more

This is what He used before He bought the skidder. A 4x4 Duetz with a homemade
3 point winch pulling an overloaded 1/2 ton pickup trailer.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's that type of work that'll keep you young at heart for a long time. Humans haven't survived for 200,000 years by growing soft working behind desks.

The cummins motor, the 5.9 which is my ideal engine, is not very heavy. It's a small displacement straight 6. Well under 1000 lbs and when you consider the 360 weighs a good bit you can't really use the diesel engine to account for the light truck weight. What you can use is the regular cab configuration. Crew cabs are heavy.

Nice load there.

A 360 gasser is a light weight compaired to a Cummins. My spec sheet says the 5.9 first gen cummns weighed 890 pounds.

:D Al

Nice JD540B!

But I'm really getting off on the Duetz!!!! I run a Duetz 5 cyl air cooled in my Skidder. LOVE it.

a cummins on the front end HAS to weigh more than 1000 pounds... if you run the 2 front wheels on scales and its like 4500 and the ass end maybe 2500

my 03 2500 2wd reg cab hemi ram with an 8ft bed weighed 5420 with 1/2 a tank of gas w/o me in it. biggest load i ever had weighed was 10040lbs total weight. i know i had a good amount more than that once last year. i had 18"sides all the way around creating a box. as i did with the 10040lb load. but this time the truck was packed to the top of the box extensions with solid oak blocks that i cut up with my 066.

when i was driving away i kept saying why am i doing this im gonna break my truck. she took it like a champ and shes still runnin fine with no apparent damage. go dodge!

a cummins on the front end HAS to weigh more than 1000 pounds... if you run the 2 front wheels on scales and its like 4500 and the ass end maybe 2500

i personally doubt it but i def could be wrong. my 72 steel crank 440 with iron heads and an iron intake manifold weighed in at 800 and change i dont remember exatly. thats what the shipping company told me anyway.

you might be right, but i just don't see why the front ends on them are so beefy compared to the gas pickups if its only a couple hundred pounds difference. I'll roll across the scales to see what my front vs. rear actually weighs lol

Depends on what you include in the weight (fluids, turbo, accessories...) but it's over 1100 lbs. Seems to me the early 24V was just a bit lighter than the 2007 model.
5.9L Cummins 24v ISB Specs

The 440 with a steel crank and iron heads may have been a stout motor, but it's no diesel. And for just a little bit of money the 5.9 will make as much hp and double the torque. :jump:

Latest posts

Back