Ice Storm tracking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HO's won't pay for it there.

if you could get the USDA or National grid to pay,you'd be all set.could take a while to get your money though.they aren't very organized up in Worchester yet.

if you could get the USDA or National grid to pay,you'd be all set.could take a while to get your money though.they aren't very organized up in Worchester yet.

Its Worcester. And all the works set for spring.. we got plenty of stump grinders dont worry.

You guys might forget about all those stumps by spring thaw.

Hope you got them under contract.

with all this bad weather forecast for MASS, on top of the current condition,
how is the cleanup proceeding from the ice storm?

anybody need help pushing snow? we have a lot of equipment idle here, and the T300's with heated cabs might as well be working. We have bigger loaders, also.

I would also like to hear what would be the going rate for a Bucket truck, chipper, skidsteer, and a 5 man crew with all the necessary equipment could expect up there.

weather isn't the best but you can still work.

they're cheap as it gets up there though.gonna have to line up work with the cities or utilities to make any money.a strange bunch up there for the most part.met a lot of great folks as well.i'd say most of the brush piles in Worcester is under snow piles because the residents didn't listen and put all their brush in the streets even after they were told not to.i may go back up north of Worcester or NH after i get back from Michigan.

they're cheap as it gets up there though.gonna have to line up work with the cities or utilities to make any money.a strange bunch up there for the most part.met a lot of great folks as well.i'd say most of the brush piles in Worcester is under snow piles because the residents didn't listen and put all their brush in the streets even after they were told not to.i may go back up north of Worcester or NH after i get back from Michigan.

yeah all the brush is being loaded into log trucks and gettin stockpiled then tub ground.

Ive heard of local guys planning on seein what the non locals are keepin in their toolboxes and tamperin with equpiment. The economys bad and MA has a ton of arborists and tree guys.. plenty to take care of ourselves.

I keep hearin advertisements for rickert storm cleanup and cant help but want to shoo them out of my area.

yeah all the brush is being loaded into log trucks and gettin stockpiled then tub ground.

Ive heard of local guys planning on seein what the non locals are keepin in their toolboxes and tamperin with equpiment. The economys bad and MA has a ton of arborists and tree guys.. plenty to take care of ourselves.

I keep hearin advertisements for rickert storm cleanup and cant help but want to shoo them out of my area.

Which is why we southern boys fill our boxes with diamondbacks just so you get what ya deserve for having the stick finger disease:Eye:

"Stick finger disease", lol.

Sounding a little tomtrees today rope??

Messing with someones tool just aint funny though mick.

I havent, I wouldnt take somones ability to make money away. I just know some people dont share that same view, and are getting weary of seeing all these out of state plates. its all too easy to slip some thugs a c note and some info then watch your competition get a little less competitive.

I havent, I wouldnt take somones ability to make money away. I just know some people dont share that same view, and are getting weary of seeing all these out of state plates. its all too easy to slip some thugs a c note and some info then watch your competition get a little less competitive.

well, at least they should be manly enough to do it themselves.

But I can see how the work should go to locals and how it could be annoying - especially this time of year.

Ah, that's interesting. I had heard their ads on WTAG and was wondering why anyone was bothering to advertise, didn't think they were from out of town.

I guess just my observations over the year in my town, and watching the news for other places, and driving through areas that have been hit hard...if the area is still inhabitable, the local guys can handle cleanup pretty quickly.

Yeah, you need line clearance crews going ahead of the utility crews. Some yard cleanup may have to wait while the local arborists handle the trees-through-me-roof situations. But once the roads are open and roofs have tarps over them, it always seems yards and highway sides get cleaned up surprisingly quick compared to your first impression of the damage.

Last time I can remember my town highway crew taking more then a week to clean up the roadsides was Gloria in '85. Usually it's just a day or two of work for them, even if during the storm they had everyone and their brother working with chainsaws to keep the roads open and using front end loaders to push tree tops to the side.

well, at least they should be manly enough to do it themselves.

Yeah, but why do it yourself when you can pay someone and claim it on your taxes as a business expense :D

Last edited:
there is enough work for everyone for quite some time.

messing with a mans tools is a beatable offense in my mind.no one messed with us or our stuff.kudos for that.

i heard that Rickert commercial several times when i was up there.we didn't see any tree companies the first 4 or 5 days afterthe storm hit.

there is enough work for everyone for quite some time.

messing with a mans tools is a beatable offense in my mind.no one messed with us or our stuff.this is something i cannot and will not tolerate.kudos for that.

i heard that Rickert commercial several times when i was up there.we didn't see any tree companies the first 4 or 5 days afterthe storm hit.

So I should sit here with no work and watch my 4 kids get hungry,
because the locals there want all the stormwork for themselves?
when they can't answer all the phone calls coming in?
Storm work comes and goes, it's Gods will.
We are legal, that's all that matters.

let me catch some :censored: pulling this childish "get out of my sandbox crap".
and robbing my livelihood.
Geez, I'm asking to come and help, and make a living. not steal.
Are these veiled threats?

:confused: :( :dizzy:

Last edited:
If its going to get like that then everybody from the north stay up there after a hurricane in 09. Don't call, don't ask, nothing!

Like slayer said he is helping. If you can get all your calls serviced in one days time then so be it. We all know that is not the case.

I understand the out of state plates all too well the two hurricanes that
rolled through our area had many out of stater's rallying to get work and
even though I understand the frustration I got my share of work. Remember it don't matter if it is someone coming from Ct or Ca the customer is not going to wait and you can only do so much work. I would have never been able to keep up pace with the devastation and monopolize on the occurrence. I have not left my state to do help yet so I could bitc? but in reality when you can't get one job done for looking at five others you do the ones you can. I have never thought of some dumb **** like disabling or theft of someones tools. In your case I still would not lower myself to that, I however may use the strong arm approach.

Last edited:
Back