Identify this saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushinrio12

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I agreed to purchase two saws, but I'm not exactly sure what one of them is. Fairly sure it is a Husqvarna 300-series, but that's where my knowledge ends. I tried looking up known 300-series models and matching the pictures, but nothing quite fit. 10 points for the first post with the correct answer!

20170408_125754.jpg20170408_125803.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Definately not a 3 series.

2 series. Probably ~50cc's or thereabouts.

Doesn't it have a serial number plate?

Someone else will know for sure what it is.

Why did the website rotate the pics? Ugh.

I wish I could tell you more. What you see is what I have for pics. If you look closely at the recoil label, it seems to start with a 3. Or is it a different label or a different recoil than what is supposed to be on it?

if you can give us a better picture, and rotated correctly, would be nice, lol

IMG_0923b2.jpg

The sticker above the recoil cvr says the eng cc. Its to blurry in thoes pics tho, my guess is a 36cc

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

Why did the website rotate the pics? Ugh.

I wish I could tell you more. What you see is what I have for pics. If you look closely at the recoil label, it seems to start with a 3. Or is it a different label or a different recoil than what is supposed to be on it?

perhaps a 36

maxresdefault.jpg

36 seems to make sense. Of course, I won't know until Saturday when I pick them up. The 36 and 141 look quite similar. Do they both use the same platform?

The 141 is a newer platform for the 41 which is one size up from the 36

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

The 141 is a newer platform for the 41 which is one size up from the 36

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36
Good to know. Does the 36 share a platform with any other saw?

Early 2000s poulans i think

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

True... they are arguably orange Poulans and are homeowner grade. Take heart, though, they are decent little firewood saws.... I think Poulans got cheaper after they made this saw. The 295 is a close relative and it was honestly a nice unit. 36, 41, 136, 141, all the same basic saw, with the "1xx" series being more EPA compliant, a negative, I'm afraid. I cut an AWFUL lot of firewood with a muff modded 41, which I consider to be the best of them. Light, nimble, easy to work on, strong enough to do real work, and just the right color. Did my first piston replacement on it.

My story on this saw is that I bought a Stihl 041 as my first firewood saw. Strong, but heavy, antiquated, and problematic. Granted, that was probably more my fault, but there you have it. I bought the little Husky 41 used off Fleabay and things got WAAAY better... it became FUN. It was probably the saw that got me addicted! Cutting 10 cords of nice oak with a $50 saw will do that to you.

Sounds like it might be worth the $40 I agreed to pay for it. Though, if it's not, the 372xp that I also agreed to pay $40 for will definitely be worth it!

Interesting that you started with an 041 and graduated to a 41. I love my 041's (and the nice 040 I picked up yesterday!), but they are heavy.

Can the 36 be "big-bored" to a 40mm cylinder to turn it into a 41 of the cylinder happens to be worn out?

b80f28b537d209dec4d73c99334b94e0.jpg
somthing like this, give or take a size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I have one that doesn't say the size just "super clean" which I think I'm told is the next size up, closet to the 46cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, will I have to keep my eyes open for a nice PP4620 with a real clean p&c, or is there a company making a 46cc kit for the Husqvarna 36?

Latest posts

Back