identifying Stihl Saw from serial number?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontario026

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just stopped by a local Pawn shop and they have a Stihl saw for sale... It is quite a bit larger than my 026, it looks fairly well used, but not extremely abused, probably a 20 inch bar on it right now as well... The thing is the "plate/sticker" that identifys the model number is missing so I don't know what model it is.... The guy working at the pawn shop says he 'thinks' it is an 036, but is not sure....

I wrote down the stamped serial number and was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find out any info on this saw, model, age etc? The number is 143597160

Thanks
Matthew

You can email Stilh (from their web site). They'll tell you if it was registered by the dealer when purchased (most are).

Model : easiest way is to look at any major assembly (like the plastic carb box cover) - the first 4 digits of the part number is the model. Example - 1121 = 026 or 024; 1125 = 034 or 036 etc etc. email me or post on this thread the number...

Date? Tougher - It's made in Germany (the first digit of 1 represents Germany, a 2 would be the USA). A 143 would put it roughly 1996/97. If you had more details on what the saw actually was, I could probably pin it down more definatively.

could you post the list of first 4 digit part number identifiers. i really think that would be helpful, or you can email me if you dont mind. thanks. i am refering to the 1121=026 ect... thanks

coyote556 said:
could you post the list of first 4 digit part number identifiers. i really think that would be helpful, or you can email me if you dont mind. thanks. i am refering to the 1121=026 ect... thanks

I don't have a list in easily distribution form, but give me a couple of days and I'll get one togther...

Thanks guys, I emailed the info line at Stihl... I did look at the numbers inside the airfilter cover, but did not write them down and don't remember what they were, I only wrote the serial number down.... I work the next few days and won't make it back to the shop till my next day off, so hopefully Stihl returns my email on monday...

Thanks
Matthew

comin right up!

IMG_0045_zps2533cbbb.jpg

IMG_0046_zpsc0bbe639.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsbf96c9b1.jpg

IMG_0048_zps6c1b0dee.jpg

Back