idiot chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a job I was working at, I couldn't help but laughing at the guy's saw.

It was little 14" Poulan "Woodshark" or whatever it is. His chain was so dull, it probably would have cut faster if it would have been on backwards. I felt the edge of a cutter on his chain before he was going to cut with it, and it was extremely dull. Later, when he was cutting, it was taking him a ridiculous amount of time and stalling to go through a green 3" branch. He also used a garden trowel to open his gas and oil caps. :D

Wrooom wrooom wrooom ...what's wrong with that!
It's fun!
I think that if saws did not make any noise, no one would buy them.:blob2:
I rather listen to my 1050 properly tuned ripping through a big log of red gum (and do a bit of wroom wroom before I start hehe) then some of the music mass produced by people dressing with their fat drunk uncle's cloths and pointing fingers around.

Lakeside53 said:
There are no idiots - just mislead and uninformed
Ah, I have to disagree. Most can be mislead and any can be uninformed, but saying someone is idiotic is different all together. Very few non idiots are mislead and uninformed, unless they choose to be.

But, just think of the advertising power the company who wins could have. I can see it now, "Brand X, the chainsaw for dummies!! Do you have your big boy pants on? Are you ready for Brand X?" :hmm3grin2orange:

Three times or more is sin ... I think I saw that written on a public toilet's wall.:)

Seriously now, If playing is wrong, I would have to stop using chainsaws altogether. I only use them because they are fun, I could buy all my firewood. It would be easier, but less fun.

In fact from a rational point of view it is idiotic for me to cut my own wood considering I can make more money doing business then cutting wood. And that goes for building my own house, make some furniture, bang some wrought iron togeather chainge the oil on my 4x4. None of that makes sense for me to do.
However I do it, becuase it is my grown up way to play and have fun, and to keep my sanity in the process.

Last edited:
spacemule said:
Have you ever noticed how many guys repeatedly goose the throttle on chainsaws? Drives me absolutely nuts. They pump the throttle about 5 times before going into whatever they're cutting. Does that bug anyone else?
Hey space you ever raced a saw or been to a gtg. Everyone goes vrooom vroooom vrooom and maybe another vrooom vrooom, just before the start of cut. Just like I do when I am also clearing the carb at the starting line at bracket racing with my camaro. There is a real reason behind it. Clearing the carb of excess fuel and making sure it pulls the rpm's without a miss or stumble.
I know you are talking about wild eye joe's and the little saws that go, but just thought i would tell you this idiot loves to Vrooooooom too.

Cut4fun said:
Hey space you ever raced a saw or been to a gtg. Everyone goes vrooom vroooom vrooom and maybe another vrooom vrooom, just before the start of cut. Just like I do when I am also clearing the carb at the starting line at bracket racing with my camaro. There is a real reason behind it. Clearing the carb of excess fuel and making sure it pulls the rpm's without a miss or stumble.
I know you are talking about wild eye joe's and the little saws that go, but just thought i would tell you this idiot loves to Vrooooooom too.

One logger I know calls it burpping the saw. says it puts the saw in the power band faster. Don't have any facts to the statement.

Madsens thoughts on revs

This comes from Madsens web sit. For hot start saw racing.
Go up to the log and rev it up 10 times or so, and then start your cut. They have a reason for it , but I will leave that to you to look up. Might try it myself. :hmm3grin2orange:

manual said:
Ok, I don't know what it is with everybody wanting me to do home work.
http://www.madsens1.com/raceprep.htm
Sorry Manual, wasnt meant for you. lol. It was for spacemule, so maybe it would understand that it is just not idiots that race,rev,burp,clear carbs,vrooooom their saws before cuts. If thats what it takes to be a idiot, rev up motors, saws, etc. I must be a BIG IDIOT.

Last edited:
It's ok cut4fun I always like to learn.
There are days I make myself look like the town Idiot.:bang:
We all take our turns at it.:cheers:

Oh, just thought of another reason I Vrooooom my saws. When doing a cold start or hot start from the saw on the ground postion. It is important to have a quick throttle response. NO bogging on crack of throttle. Had that problem with the 7900 right before a weekend of racing. I had to Vroooom for 2 days till I got the throttle and carb just right. Vrooooom Vroooooom vrooooom vrooooom VROOOOOM.:buttkick:

Just got back from putting a clutch + drum, tank valve and a different b+c on the partner 500. Well I started it up and vroooomed at least 5 times to warm it up (boy i am a idiot by spaces standards):bowdown: then I did it at least 3-5 more times before the test cuts. Then I held the saw up toward space and cracked the throttle it at least 4 more time for all of space to see. :ices_rofl: :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back