idiot chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idiot saws

Ok, Wild Thing proves bright colors sell well, BUT, my favorite is the poulan Camoflage chainsaw. I still expect hunters to find these left in the woods because someone set it down and could not find it.:stupid:

Cut4fun said:
Well spacemule I had my fun with your post to say the least. Just one word of caution, IF you ever get to go to watch a hotsaw event or to a local gtg. I wouldnt dog the guys on cracking the throttle on the saws. You may go away looking like the idiot. Vroooom vroooom Vrooooom VROOOOOM
eclipsee_Victoria.gif
monkes.gif
wave2.gif
gy.gif
ende.gif

LOL good post cut....wanna see space call them idiots......:ices_rofl:

stihltech said:
Ok, Wild Thing proves bright colors sell well, BUT, my favorite is the poulan Camoflage chainsaw. I still expect hunters to find these left in the woods because someone set it down and could not find it.:stupid:

This is funny-
My first saw, a little piece o crap McCulloch 3214 32cc 14" homeowner saw (I don't mind older Mcc's; just that little $100 level chainsaw wasn't too good) that I bought at a garage sale for $10, and it was almost new. "Needed carb work." Turns out the fuel line was kinked. It was nearly brand new. Lasted me 1 cord of wood before it burned up, and I got my 011. But, the saw blended in with the maple leaves on the ground. I lost it at least once. :D

Cut4fun said:
Hey space you ever raced a saw or been to a gtg. Everyone goes vrooom vroooom vrooom and maybe another vrooom vrooom, just before the start of cut. Just like I do when I am also clearing the carb at the starting line at bracket racing with my camaro. There is a real reason behind it. Clearing the carb of excess fuel and making sure it pulls the rpm's without a miss or stumble.
I know you are talking about wild eye joe's and the little saws that go, but just thought i would tell you this idiot loves to Vrooooooom too.

This is exactly how I blew up my 2100 at Winnfield. It also broke three keyways on the flywheel. If the fuel is "hot" don't mess around. Warm it up slow and steady. Open her up and let her fly.

Now if you are running gas, Do as the Romans.

Yes it does bug me when folks blip the throttle.

Fred

stihltech said:

I had a hell of a time finding an ATV one time in deep woods, it was olive with a camo seat cover.

I always laugh when I see those hunter items like binoculars or knives in mossy oak. Good luck finding that. Manufacturers probably love it.

Poulan 2150
Milwaukee Sawzall ********
Stihl MS 260
Husky 346xp
Husky 570
066 MAGNUM

(in order of power)

Come on is the poulan that weak? I do have a sawzall before you ask.

Fred

I had a Poulan once. It was the first chainsaw I bought new, bought at Wal-Mart. Wound up cutting it up to make an r/c airplane engine out of it. :cheers:

spacemule said:
I had a Poulan once. It was the first chainsaw I bought new, bought at Wal-Mart. Wound up cutting it up to make an r/c airplane engine out of it. :cheers:

A testament to how good that Poulan must have been. If one is willing to put an engine on a big R/C plane, that must have been one very reliable engine.

Dan

I think I'll just start the rumor that blipping the throttle is a good way to pre-oil the bar and chain before starting a big cut or to oil-cool it afterwards. The earlier saws (old-school fuel metering and weaker ignitions) needed the blip to clear the carb and spark plug, the newer ones (with auto-oilers) need the blip for supplimental oiling. Different conditions, same corrective action. Blipping is goooood.

How and where would I start a rumor like that?

(heh heh heh!)

Back