idiot chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lesorubcheek said:
A testament to how good that Poulan must have been. If one is willing to put an engine on a big R/C plane, that must have been one very reliable engine.

Dan
Well, it was a crappy saw, but the motor ran good, or rather, it ran reliably--wasn't very powerful. I put it on an 8 foot wingspan trainer plane. What I always hated about the Poulans was no anti vibe, at least on the cheapies, but that's not important for a plane because you incorporate anti vibe into the engine mount.

Craftsman

I liked the Craftsman comment. It's true, I have never met a craftsman chainsaw owner that wasn't obsessed with bar length. Used to work with a guy that had put a 24 incher on something like a 42 or 45cc saw.
After finding this site, I learned that most here thought that 70cc's (modded of course) was about minimum for a 16 inch bar!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Urbicide said:
This thread has gone from "Idiot Chainsaws" to "Chainsaw Idiots.":hmm3grin2orange:

I'm surprised how this forum has become more relaxed and less factual based. In the past SpaceMonkey would have been verbally roasted:dizzy: for his made up idea on throttle burping. Since when is putting an orange grin at the end of your post an excuse for B.S.?

Yes, there's a reason that the biggest bar I can fit on my 011AV, which I think is like 45cc's, is a 16". Apparantly, the biggest I can put on my 039 is a 32. Personally, I don't even really like a 20" for just firewood cutting. I use an 18. A friend's 044 has a 20 on it, along with the 041.

Mr. said:
Poulan 2150
Milwaukee Sawzall ********
Stihl MS 260
Husky 346xp
Husky 570
066 MAGNUM

(in order of power)

Come on is the poulan that weak? I do have a sawzall before you ask.

Fred

Well, I havent officially timed it, but its close.:hmm3grin2orange:

DanMan1 said:
I'm surprised how this forum has become more relaxed and less factual based. In the past SpaceMonkey would have been verbally roasted:dizzy: for his made up idea on throttle burping. Since when is putting an orange grin at the end of your post an excuse for B.S.?
What's your excuse? :bowdown: BS? Care to explain that one?

RaisedByWolves said:
I have a sundial if you want to time it.
:ices_rofl:

I think the Sawzall will get through a piece of angle iron before the pull-on gets through a 8" log. seriously.

I was trying to cut up a dead oak, locked the trigger, and took a nap between cuts.:jester:

Hows that for B.S.?

musch said:
:ices_rofl:

I think the Sawzall will get through a piece of angle iron before the pull-on gets through a 8" log. seriously.

I was trying to cut up a dead oak, locked the trigger, and took a nap between cuts.:jester:

Hows that for B.S.?

Yup, that's BS:popcorn:

this is why you blip

bump_r said:
I think I'll just start the rumor that blipping the throttle is a good way to pre-oil the bar and chain before starting a big cut or to oil-cool it afterwards. The earlier saws (old-school fuel metering and weaker ignitions) needed the blip to clear the carb and spark plug, the newer ones (with auto-oilers) need the blip for supplimental oiling. Different conditions, same corrective action. Blipping is goooood.
space apparently is not saw mechanic he must be from mars:hmm3grin2orange: pro fellers i have worked with onthe west coast always blip acold saw so they do far out in the midst of a cut if the saw farts out you can be in deeep $%%&%&*%&*%&%&%&%&^%&(%%^#%$% REAL QUICK NO FALLER WANT TO $%#$%#$%#$ A TREE UP:deadhorse: SAW TREES AND LEARN TO FIX SAW OR GET OUT OF $$%^$%^$%^# WOOD CUTTING BIZ
:notrolls2: WHAT THE HECK IS SPACES PROBBLEM HE LOVES TO KILL A SIMPLE ?????
REAL MEN WORK ON THEIR OWN SAW:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :clap:

brushswamper said:
bump_r said:
I think I'll just start the rumor that blipping the throttle is a good way to pre-oil the bar and chain before starting a big cut or to oil-cool it afterwards. The earlier saws (old-school fuel metering and weaker ignitions) needed the blip to clear the carb and spark plug, the newer ones (with auto-oilers) need the blip for supplimental oiling. Different conditions, same corrective action. Blipping is goooood.
space apparently is not saw mechanic he must be from mars:hmm3grin2orange: pro fellers i have worked with onthe west coast always blip acold saw so they do far out in the midst of a cut if the saw farts out you can be in deeep $%%&%&*%&*%&%&%&%&^%&(%%^#%$% REAL QUICK NO FALLER WANT TO $%#$%#$%#$ A TREE UP:deadhorse: SAW TREES AND LEARN TO FIX SAW OR GET OUT OF $$%^$%^$%^# WOOD CUTTING BIZ
:notrolls2: WHAT THE HECK IS SPACES PROBBLEM HE LOVES TO KILL A SIMPLE ?????
REAL MEN WORK ON THEIR OWN SAW:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :clap:
Hey bud, I've got a retarded monkey I could let you borrow to help you with your typing. Give me your address and I'll send him over.

OMG!!! there's tears in me eys, phuny you should menchun it but I have a budgy that only type f's and o's, I'm sure he tr4ying to tell me sumthin, well catches him at it one day.......lettle budger.... hrmph!

:biggrinbounce2:

ya ya.......back away................and.......................put................the cider................down. :(

Last edited:
spacemule said:
brushswamper said:

Hey bud, I've got a retarded monkey I could let you borrow to help you with your typing. Give me your address and I'll send him over.

That right there is funny. However, you should not call you monkey retarded, he/she is learning impaired.

Back