If I were to buy a new Husky saw this weekend. What model should I look for? 60-70cc range

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, this is kind of a spur of the moment thing. Either a 555 or a 562XP with a 20" bar would totally meet my needs. For like, forever. I looked at the 365 and the weight is a turn off. I don't heat with wood but I will admit to really wanting a wood stove. My main purpose will be removing unwanted trees on my property. This land was clear not to long ago (20-30 years). There are only a few really large trees, most of the trees I want cut are under 50' tall. Smallish stuff for trees. I haven't cut any down yet but that is also for lack of a working saw built to do felling. My two running saws are a Homelite Super 2 and a Husqvarna 435. Though I am considering removing a small, leaner redbud that is in my front yard with the 435. My Craftsman 3700 does run but I would feel a whole lot better if it had a rebuilt carb. And new oil seals.

Most guys will not say they wish they had less power, only more. 562xp seems to be in the middle however a very capable saw for what you are describing. Better re-sale down the road as well.

Sounds like a 555 or a 550xp would fit the bill nicely to me. If you want to go overboard, a 365/372 would be the ticket, and honestly a 562xp is probably in that same category from the sound of your needs.

Because the 365 has a detuned 372 top end...very easy to turn it into a 372xp x-torq with a small amount of grinding.

When i was at the dealer this morning, i held the 562xp(20"), 372xp(20"), and 576xp(24"). I felt very little weight difference between all 3. The 576 felt the best balanced and the 372 felt heavier than it was.

Ktoom my observations of the 3 are the same. Everyone looks at the specs of the 576xpat and says it's too heavy. It's interesting how once you have it in your hands it's very different. Not that I don't love the 372 but in the hands out balances just as good if not better

I don't know what species of tree bUT to me sounds more like a 50cc saw would be just fine and easier to handle to boot. If wanting a husky I would look at the 550. Bigger is not always better.

The one other guy who was waiting a saw this morning bought the 550xp while I was looking around. But that thought occurred to me later. I just went through the bigger isn't better with my BP blower. I decided that my 150BT was sufficent.

Back