if you could only have one saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my MS 260 today and I have to say if only one saw, this would do it for me. I don't have to cut anything too big (if I don't want to) and this saw with its 20" bar will drop, limb, and chunk everything without wearing me out.

I like big saws, just not for limbing!

If I've got to use it for heat, I'll pick something old with about 30lb of magnesium in it. It'll be hard to get lit, but once it's going, it'll really throw off some BTUs!
Hehehehehehe
As a tool I would pic the 7900 or 681. Both a little on the heavy side for most stuff but would tackle everything with ease.

I wouldnt be heating my home if I could only have one saw. Seems my saws are always breaking down. If I had to chose, a 372 or 575 would be my choice.

395 XP THAT'S A NO BRAINIER
You are a minority there with the 395. I've got one and its a decent saw but not a vote for the one and only. Real heavy and not enough power for its weight. Unless I've got a 36" bar on it my Solo will cut right with it at quite a weight savings.

We frequently get snow/ice, or high winds around here that take down trees blocking the roads. When I have to throw a saw in the truck to make sure I can get home after work the 440 is the saw that rides with me. I guess that would make it my one saw.

Stihl MS440

Yep that's what's on it 36" bar with a skip chain eats thought hard wood like butter you must have a bad saw. my has plenty of power and plenty to spare. This saw is not heavy twenty years a go I used big saws that where heavy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back