If you had your choice,what would you burn?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

if you had your choice,what would you burn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am a 60% oak 40% mesquite kinda guy. Anyone that hasn't burnt well seasoned mesquite has never had a HOT fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hands down... someone else's propane!! j/k I will burn almost anything but I am a fan of ASH, to bad the bug has killed it faster than we can cut it and burn it

My firewood motto is "If it dies, it burns". It's all good, just needs to get burned when it's the most useful. Gimme a mix over any one species any day.

If I had to pick one, though, some nice apple in the campfire with some pork chops hovering over it.

3 year seasoned black cherry. i've been burning a lot of it this year (like 3 cord) and it lasts and smells good outside.

I think ash is the very best...cherry coming in second ..followed by any maple !!

For me, I'd have to say properly seasoned shagbark hickory. However I voted for Oak as I have 2+ year supply and the shagbark attracts the bugs. Not a fan of the shagbark dust. Well seasoned oak is plentiful for me, stable supply to allow for seasoning.

Back