Ignition fix - epoxy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a 2 piece coil off a Jonsered 630. The black wire coming out of the big piece is losing its sheathing right as it exits the coil. I can't really get a good seal there with tape or shrink wrap, is there some sort of epoxy that will work to seal it up? I will try to get a picture in a bit.

What about clear RTV silicone? That's what my dad always used to seal up the ignitions on his old Mac 125s when he was
falling timber in the winter.

I didn't think about RTV. I don't have any clear, but would would the orange, black or three bond work? Maybe I am over thinking this, but I wasn't sure if epoxy (or RTV for that matter) would interfere with the ignition.

Clean the area really well where you intend to apply the RTV, make shure there is absolutely no oil or grease left on any surface the silicone needs to stick to and it will do a great job of sealing up an wire. For this app any of the Permatex silicones will work.

I have a 2 piece coil off a Jonsered 630. The black wire coming out of the big piece is losing its sheathing right as it exits the coil. I can't really get a good seal there with tape or shrink wrap, is there some sort of epoxy that will work to seal it up? I will try to get a picture in a bit.

Every try Peanut Butter? :clap: Couldn't resist! Sorry.......goes and sits in the corner....by himself...

I just used black silicon on a coil recently. Just clean it well.

Last edited:

There is a product called Liquid Lectric Tape that is made for such applications. It's good stuff that's used in marine applications .

Back