i'll move it if i have ta......you guys are great

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
atlanta georgia..formerly from massena, new york
like i said a bit back...i hadn't been here in a while...went through some tough times and all....back in november of 2004 i sent a personal note to a good man...yet the letter truthfully was for all of you....you may notice there ain't a lot of posts here from me, for a member since 2003...well....this chainsaw sect is where i usually spent my time...sorry to ramble...but here's an old post i sent to darren.....a well deserved post to members of this site all of you in fact....and no i am not a sissy....thanks guys...... ..guff wrote on 11-22-2004 01:53 AM:
i know i have never talked to you personally...just moved here to atlanta to be a cop..been here 3 months with no family or friends..i must say the first several weeks here was rough....t.v. ...magazines....nothing to get my mind off things...well, this is a great site, with great people, with important knowledge and incredible wit and senses of humour..and i would have to say you are doin a damn fine job of keeping things in order.....and reading and watching and wondering who will reply to this and who will say what, has helped keep my sanity and hopes up during these lonely times...i'd like to wish you and your family a very happy holiday..and wish health to the members of this club we have who are ill or tired from day to day doing an honest service...all the nicks, scratches, and cuts, fatalities and heartaches we all endure.....the best to everyone......................guff
3:51 am est

oh yeah brothers...things are great now...just wanted to thank you guys, for helping me through a period back four years ago....for a while there...arboristsite was my family....i know everyones got bills...nagging wives...sick kids...losing family members and all...and most don't talk about their junk trucks and dead dogs......but when you read others posts..you learn things and techniques..forget about bills for a while and it has become a relaxer at the end of the day for some....there's sarcasm, put downs, just funny #### sometimes....i have never learned so much and laughed so hard at some of the stuff that goes on here.......it's more fun than stirring your coffee with a hunting knife and scaring the illegals at the gas station before the ride to work in the morning.................guff

Gruff, I am also most familiar with your situation. In 2005 I moved from Rome NY to central Texas. Like you said no friends just another new town. Look at the bright side. No more sub-zero winters,pipes freezing shoveling the sidewalk or the roof.Look at all the $$ you will save on heating fuel.When I move here I joined the local fire department. I am now the official "Yankee" (surrounded buy rebels). Much kidding goes on but we all get along great. I keep the department saws ready to run. just something to mull over.Ken

oh yeah brothers...things are great now...just wanted to thank you guys, for helping me through a period back four years ago....for a while there...arboristsite was my family....i know everyones got bills...nagging wives...sick kids...losing family members and all...and most don't talk about their junk trucks and dead dogs......but when you read others posts..you learn things and techniques..forget about bills for a while and it has become a relaxer at the end of the day for some....there's sarcasm, put downs, just funny #### sometimes....i have never learned so much and laughed so hard at some of the stuff that goes on here.......it's more fun than stirring your coffee with a hunting knife and scaring the illegals at the gas station before the ride to work in the morning.................guff

+1, more if AS will let me. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back