Im goin to buy a chains saw tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky154

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
canada -new brunswick - bathurst area- mainly fren
well I'm 16 and I'm working here in Fredericton new Brunswick in a dairy farm to make some money and try lost my little belly:) . I have an old husky 154 but its not enough for me

I'm looking to the 357xp :greenchainsaw: can someone tell me if its a good choice

and is there a difference in performance between the inboard and outboard clutch??

From what I have read the 357 is a fine saw but I have never ran one. The outboard clutch just takes a little more time to change/remove the chain, not a big deal. Go for it!:chainsaw:

LOL, don't let the ob clutch change your mind. You won't need any tools to get the chain off, just loosen the chain and work it out with your hands. Once you do this a few times, it will be eaiser. Most clutchs on saws require tools to remove, it will be awhile before the clutch needs attention.

That sounds pretty high to me, it's $732 converted to US dollars. You may want to start shopping around. I know they "can't" ship anymore but Baileys has them for $499 powerhead only(no bar&chain). We can get the 361 here for $575-600......

Have you checked on having a US saw shipped to you? Or do you need the dealer suppport?

The 357xp is a good saw. I ran my boss's for a while and I thought it was a fine saw. That price seems high. He got his for 640$.

From what I have read the 357 is a fine saw but I have never ran one. The outboard clutch just takes a little more time to change/remove the chain, not a big deal. Go for it!:chainsaw:

Sort of, but the 357xp isn't much of an improvement over a good 154, really.

Inboard vs outside is no big deal regarding changing chain - but more so when you want to (or need to) change the sprochet rim - and if you do some "noodle cutting" (most saws with outboards clog up much faster with noodles under the clutch cover).

That sounds pretty high to me, it's $732 converted to US dollars. You may want to start shopping around. I know they "can't" ship anymore but Baileys has them for $499 powerhead only(no bar&chain). We can get the 361 here for $575-600......

Have you checked on having a US saw shipped to you? Or do you need the dealer suppport?

Huskys are expensive in Canada (and much more so here) - I am tempted to steer him to a MS361.

As a bonus, it has an inboard clutch, and a tad more power than both the 357xp and the US MS361s.

...but what he wants is probably a 372xp.......

Last edited:
well i don't know what to do i don't want to buy it on the internet so i must go to a dealer

and I'm curious to know why price from dealer to dealer are not the same

Dealers set their own prices to a point, if they didn't it there really wouldn't be competition. Have you checked out the 361? I'm not a huge Stihl fan but aren't they having a big promo sale in Canada now, around $650ish? I could be wrong or it could be over, look into it.

That would be a good unit to have.

That's the spirit, never one or the other, always both!

You're among friends here!

:cheers:

Except for the 361 vs 357, I mostly love Huskys better than Stihls, but that's just me (and it has nothing to do with the prices).......:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
i have several friends in neighboring towns who work on daries. you would probably be happy with an ms361 (or at least i know i am. i just got one). but if you want to stick with husky and you want more umph, i say go with the 372xp. you'll have all the power you're likely to need for work on the dairy and you'll have a saw that will last a lot of years. i know i'd like to have one.:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back