I'm such a miser

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I save less and less as I age, tired of tripping over stuff that I'll seemingly never need, until about a week after I toss it of course. I do save where I can like burning wood to heat my home. It takes my time but I enjoy the time spent cutting, gathering and splitting.
I'm the same way now, when I go there'll be less stuff for somebody else to haul away

For years my dad has been asking us kids what stuff we want when he croaks, and has been purging stuff. We keep telling him to leave it all alone, for we want to go through it all, remembering the good times.
He’s not at all a hoarder, so there is no junk to sift, but he asks us who wants the sofa, who wants the beds, etc.
it depends on when they die and what my older kids may need at the time, and we can’t predict that, so just leave it there and don’t trouble yourself.

But I’ll have to get a dryer heat recycler- my century-old house needs all the help it can get!

Back