impulse line for 029

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50blues

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a 029 that the fuel and impulse line have both seen better days. The question is can you use the yellow fuel line to replace the impulse line. The stock impulse line is just a straight piece, nothing special at all.

Will the yellow fuel line last or will it fall apart?

The stock line is cheap, and it is molded to have a shoulder where it exits the handle assy. This keeps it in place when you push the carb on. If you have to order a fuel line anyway, why not get the impulse also?

:agree2: What they said it'll save you from having to do it again if you use a real pulse line. Ask me how I know!

:agree2: What they said it'll save you from having to do it again if you use a real pulse line. Ask me how I know!

The only issues with using tygon line is you have to make sure it's long enough so you can install the line on the carb. You have to make sure you tuck it under the shroud after you hook it up. Also when doing this, make sure it doesn't come unplugged from the cylinder.

And make sure it doesn't pinch itself off when you push the carb into it. It doesn't seem worth the hassle, go with OEM.

O.K. how do you know?

Thanks for the input, I will pick one up tomorrow.

I tried that trick along time ago and ended up redoing it two times cause I was smart and thought I could get away without having to BUY one. Tried different line and it'll last a while but had to get a OEM one to fix it in the end. The other kinks, gets sloppy and it ain't worth the trouble. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back