Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhh K.. Have a nice day at work.

Hey someone Kick up some of that there twilight zone music..

Just playin' about the aliens.

Someone try to take pictures to show us unlucky members who couldn't make it.
I'll try harder to make the next one, sounds like a really fun time.

Ok I just got in from pulling in the beech

I will make sure we have a wire brush down there to clean off some of the dirt. It won't be to bad seeing how not much texture to a beech tree.
I will have them sitting up on a log or something.I am not going to try to build a horse to hold these monsters off the ground. Another log will have to do.. Now to see if a tractor will lift one end up at a time.LOL

I'm also over people thinking I'm crazy because I want to run down the road naked, so the aliens, in their government financed spaceships. can't see me with clothes seeking radar.
hummm and here I thought I was the only one that knew about that CSR (Clothes Seeking Radar) :)

Last edited:
I am not aware of CSR

But I have a bad case of CRS. I helped a few buddies cut some ash today. Just two truckloads.. One of the trucks was a grain truck with a 14 foot bed.. We cut the wood to 24 inch lengths.. and split and stacked that puppy full.. Then we cut a strong cord for his bil. at 18 inch.. just tossed it onto an 8 foot flatbed with sides..

But I have a bad case of CRS. I helped a few buddies cut some ash today. Just two truckloads.. One of the trucks was a grain truck with a 14 foot bed.. We cut the wood to 24 inch lengths.. and split and stacked that puppy full.. Then we cut a strong cord for his bil. at 18 inch.. just tossed it onto an 8 foot flatbed with sides..
Fabulous work, Eric. We are often as powerful as gorillas but we cannot control the weather. :help:

How about a forsure head count

My wife wants to know how many pies she needs to bake.
Looks like it should be good weather,. (Typically my GTGs have a slight misty rain to them)
Ian, Erick, Shipper50,Dustytools,Wkpoor plus his two buddies.Brad Snelling

Last edited:
I'll be there but there's been a change of vehicles. I'll be driving my wife's car, so I'll be no help with the firewood hauling. On the plus side, my mileage will double. LOL

Ian

No problem

I'll be there but there's been a change of vehicles. I'll be driving my wife's car, so I'll be no help with the firewood hauling. On the plus side, my mileage will double. LOL

Ian

I think we will have enough trucks.. Plus wkpoor is bringing his 6x10 trailer.. I think at least.
Besides gas mileage is pretty important in justifying to the wifey why one feels the need to go to the next state to cut wood. We have my dually, my sons commanche, my dads shortbed dodge. If we get her 3-4 loads that should tie her over for a while.

Last edited:
gonna make me fire up my Crapsman/roper

The one Brandon timed with a sundial. LOL slow but steady,.
I need to get rid of some saws..

Back