Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Next spring I will need some help getting my woodshed refilled. Feel free to come up and help out anytime you feel the need to cut a little wood.
Hopefully your faqmily will get healthy and stay healthy soon.

Thanks Eric! Maybe you could host a Spring GTG and we could all come help ya get your firewood up. If ya have any hats left from the goodie bags stick me one back if ya would, my purdy Stihl hat from last year is about to shoot its wad, LOL.

bummer there were no Sthil hats only Dolmer :D

maybe i can get ahold of another trailer load of BIG logs you guys can cut for me into firewood...:D save me some work with my little 310 :D

me wife makes mean pot of chilli.....

PIC_0277small.jpg

bummer there were no Sthil hats only Dolmer :D

maybe i can get ahold of another trailer load of BIG logs you guys can cut for me into firewood...:D save me some work with my little 310 :D

me wife makes mean pot of chilli.....

PIC_0277small.jpg

Well guys I just got home from yesterday, the motorcycle races were impressive also, but made for a LONG drive home, I'm beat... I showed the wife the new saw and she looks it over and said it looked like a "vacum cleaner" like the dirt devil or something, I say it's the wood devil:) Yeah the hats were a cool gift perfect timing for me. DSM; now that you have the Dolmar hat you need to get the saw to match.
:greenchainsaw:

hey bill, I lubed the the spinner and it was still cracking the rivets. I put the big spinner bit on and it works great. Its not the right one but the rivets look perfect. You can barely tell the difference.

Mike, you made my day by letting me run your saw, she sure was a brute.

Elcellent shot.:clap:

I don't care what brand your loyal to ya gotta love this shot. well at least i like it.

DSC04504s.jpg

Jake, 17yrs old, dang saw is bigger then him, Brads of course.

DSC04511s.jpg

Eirck

DSC04491s.jpg

Andy

DSC04506s.jpg

Brad

DSC04508s.jpg

be darned if i remember this guys name, came from up north IN...help me out guys.. Super3

DSC04457s.jpg

he cut all this wood by himself on only a tank and a half of fuel...

DSC044662.jpg

That was Mike

hey bill, I lubed the the spinner and it was still cracking the rivets. I put the big spinner bit on and it works great. Its not the right one but the rivets look perfect. You can barely tell the difference.

Mike, you made my day by letting me run your saw, she sure was a brute.

The look on yer face in that pic says it all,

wish I could get the chain figured out!

Christman

Glad you got it figured out. I would say what ever bit works. Mine only came with the one.

All 11 saws have been cleaned up and put back on the wall. I took care of a few little problems while I was working on them. The 084 choke wasn't closing all the way. Cold starts are easy again like they're supposed to be. Compression now is a solid 175 cold. The cylinder looks great. The sprocket was so worn on the Zip that it was locking onto the chain. Not only that, they had a majorly stretched out 3/8 chain on a .404 sprocket. I just put together what I was sent and it fit well enough I didn't notice. I pulled the sprocket off to replace it and noticed the mismatch tonight. So that's a simple fix. I ordered a carb kit for the SXL-925 that was giving me fits. We'll see where that goes. I resharpened the DB chain at 30* instead of 25* and took the rakers down to .050". Yes, you read that right, .050"! They were already at .035" and you guys saw how it didn't want to cut. I hope I didn't ruin a chain, but that thing just doesn't seem to want to cut. I can guarantee you it won't stop the saw though. Not with that gear drive. I didn't measure the pitch but it's got to be 1/2" at least, maybe bigger. I fixed the chain tensioner on it too. So it was a profitable evening. Going to a GTG is kind of like having company at the house. You tend to get things done that otherwise wouldn't.

Thanks again Eric for a fine Saturday!

Heck fire

My saws are still over in the wagon in the pole barn. Have not even given much thought about cleaning them. Chains should be sharp enough to cut firewood the next time I go out.
Besides I have been rifle shopping..
Bought a used Marlin 1895CB chambered in 45/70 today.. That dude will thump your shoulder a bit.

Mine are all still in the van same as I put them there for the ride home. Thats one thing about a van. It becomes storage at times. Probably won't have time till the weekend to down load.

My saws are still over in the wagon in the pole barn. Have not even given much thought about cleaning them. Chains should be sharp enough to cut firewood the next time I go out.
Bought a used Marlin 1895CB chambered in 45/70 today.. That dude will thump your shoulder a bit.

That Marlin will thump you for sure with warm/hot loads. I have a Wild West Co-Pilot with a 16-1/4" barrel and the wood slimmed down for easy carry. It certainly is light and very handy. However, it's down right rude with hot loads but it works quite well. It's taken several Moose and a load of Bears with no problems or with letting anything get away. With all the things I have to use, I seem to always grab it and the others sit in the safe. The CB is a fine weapon and I would have most likely bought one instead of mine but, they were not yet available back then.

A lot of good pics and it looks like fun.

I've noticed most all of the guys wear chaps, but not any eye protection. Must be that you don't want to get a cut on your leg that probably won't kill you and will heal up, but you don't mind being blind for the rest of your life!

One trip to the opthamologist to pick a splinter out of your cornea will teach you the value of eye protection...

A lot of good pics and it looks like fun.

I've noticed most all of the guys wear chaps, but not any eye protection. Must be that you don't want to get a cut on your leg that probably won't kill you and will heal up, but you don't mind being blind for the rest of your life!
Most of them don't wear any hearing protection either. It must be I like to hear the saw syndrome.

I am the guy in the pictures with the orange ear muffs. I figured 30 years at a steel mill was enough on my ears.

Shipper

Tell us all what you plan on shooting with the BIG gun.:hmm3grin2orange:

Shipper

Latest posts

Back