Indiana gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Huge thanks to Eric for hosting another successful GTG. Glad to see Terry and Ian make as well as the other familiar faces.
Gink, what can I say....thanks a million for the job well done on the cant. It will be put up for some future GTG. We had alot happening this time with the 2 man saw and milling plus some time testing. I had a great time and will look forward to one sometime in the fall.
And thanks to all the photographers for recording the event.

+1 :agree2:

I enjoyed the fuel testing Brad did....I was really suprised with the outcome....

it was my wife and mom that made me go...:dizzy:...i have been having problems w/ my asthma and chest pain b/c of it...they thought i was going to die from a heart attack...so they did a resting ecg and an x-ray, they both looked fine...they think the pain is from an irritated esophagus...

jerky?

Here's the link to the video. It'll be a while before they're done with their processing. I just want to get the link posted before going to bed.

The fuel testing is the last several minutes. I've been saying for some time that AvGas made a saw slower than pump gas. We had an asortment of fuels on hand and I volunteered my 064 with a ported OEM 066 topend as a test bed. This saw makes 150 PSI compression. We tested Sunoco 94, VP C10, AvGas, and 95 octane pump gas with no ethanol. It turns out that all fuels cut within 3 seconds of each other in 30" Beech and cut time's a little more than 35 seconds. That could be nothing more than operator difference. A saw with significantly more comression may give different results, but in this saw it just didn't make much difference.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvMSbSBZQbw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvMSbSBZQbw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Sycamore....

Some of us talked about what kinda wood it can be made outta of,,some might think it's trash,,but it's really a beautiful wood to be worked with,,and slab sawed is nice,,but as we talked about to quarter saw one,,it would suprise you...Was a nice cant Gink made....Beautiful grain in it...
Next one I'm gonna quarter saw,,but this one I made into a coat hanger,,walnut stain,,it really is beautiful wood....Just want to show how nice a wood it is.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks Brad!!!

Here's the link to the video. It'll be a while before they're done with their processing. I just want to get the link posted before going to bed.

The fuel testing is the last several minutes. I've been saying for some time that AvGas made a saw slower than pump gas. We had an asortment of fuels on hand and I volunteered my 064 with a ported OEM 066 topend as a test bed. This saw makes 150 PSI compression. We tested Sunoco 94, VP C10, AvGas, and 95 octane pump gas with no ethanol. It turns out that all fuels cut within 3 seconds of each other in 30" Beech and cut time's a little more than 35 seconds. That could be nothing more than operator difference. A saw with significantly more comression may give different results, but in this saw it just didn't make much difference.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvMSbSBZQbw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvMSbSBZQbw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great vid!!!!!!!

Nice Video. :clap:

Just wanted to say thanks to Eric for hosting another great GTG.... had a great time. :cheers: It was good to see some familiar faces again and got to meat a few new folks as well... all good people. :cheers:

Levi, no problem on the chain, it was good to finally meat you. That 660 runs pretty strong you should be proud. ;)

Had a good time fellas but I’m beat, night all.

Nice Video. :clap:

Just wanted to say thanks to Eric for hosting another great GTG.... had a great time. :cheers: It was good to see some familiar faces again and got to meat a few new folks as well... all good people. :cheers:

Levi, no problem on the chain, it was good to finally meat you. That 660 runs pretty strong you should be proud. ;)

Had a good time fellas but I’m beat, night all.

Gotta hit the bed too....Thanks Erick for lettin me try your ms660....Man,,that was sweet...

Thank you again Eric and family....It was a great day!!!!

My thoughts of today...

I (WAS) gonna to hit the bed earlyer,,but Kim and me had a long talk about the day....
I told her you really missed out....Some people on the net are fake,,we all know,,but this group of us isnt...Thats the gut feeling I had when I got on AS,,you can tell who is who...
I hope you all understand I'm kinda shy,,and I listen,,and learn...I told her,,,these men I was with,,are good people...Alot of people think cause a bunch of men with chainsaws will get drunk,,fight and things....
First of all,I never heard a cuss word ,but from me when I flooded my Mcc and yanked my guts out and it finally fired up...
No Stihl Husky wars....I told her,,it's not the saws,,it's the man behind the saw.....Seen alot of diffrent saws,,and all is good in my eyes..................Was so amazed with the old school saws,,and the mod saws....How times have come along away...............
I wanna share something that Gink said,,and hope he dont mind me sharing this,,but the thing about the GTG is we can all try out diffrent saws,,things and suite what is best for us....That was so cool to see so many things diffrent than I have seen..........
I cant say Thank You enough to Eric.....I know it cost him to put this on....I cant remember who it was that I was standing behind of them,but he had some money to give to Eric and said i didnt bring anything and take this,,and Eric said no......I might not say alot,,but I watch and listen...I hope you dont get mad at me Eric for tellin that,,but I thought all ya did to put this all together and you said no,,,,that says alot,,your apprecited from me......
I had to copy this again....I enjoyed the day...Thank you all so much !!!

attachment.php

It was my wife and mom that made me go...:dizzy:...I have been having problems w/ my asthma and chest pain b/c of it...They thought I was going to die from a heart attack...So they did a resting ecg and an x-ray, they both looked fine...They think the pain is from an irritated esophagus...

Guess you are gonna have to stay away from that jerky with 'zing' written on the bag. You can send all you want my way though ;)

Glad you are OK.

Sorry I did not make it

I had planned to attend. A visitor got involved in a project at my shop and it took far longer than expected. I hope we can do one of these again. I'ss have the Disstons and Mercs at the Oblong Engine show in August.

Thanks Eric for hosting the event. I may be able to do one here in Mattoon IL. some day.

Bob

awesome. next time one of these is within driving distance for me, i'll certainly see if i can make it!

I have to admit that when we first arrived and I noticed that Eric had hired Security for this event I thought that things might get a little rough, but these two guys kept everybody at bay and things went really well. LOL. View attachment 99388

Latest posts

Back