Inexperienced feller looking for advice.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of 95 or so trees, only 3 or 4 had the ol' face and backcut. The rest, just zipped em down.

Clearcutting trees for a guy, leaving waist high stumps. A D7 will be coming in next year. Should be easy work for the dozer man.

These trees aren't video worthy, lol.

Awwwww man, I havent got to cut jack #### down in like a month, I just needed some fresh video to keep me going, at least tell me you took the 660 and cut like 3 or 4 trees at a time, at least gimme that much

Ahh I see. If it closes on the kerf then it will lift the tree a bit as it's going over and pull the fibers?

I put my vertical cut in first then try to match the horizontal cut. A lot of times I'm not level with my horizontal cut and I end up having to cut my vertical deeper to complete the cuts. Most of the time they don't match but I'm getter better at it the more I do.

If you put your horizontal in first you can gun to the lay a lot easier. Then start at your corner and try to come up short at the other corner on your diagonal. If cutting the diagonal this way, when the gun hits your target your piece should fall out. If it doesn't, stop cutting before you've gone too far. If it pops early well just cut it again. Re-cutting can run you out of room in a hurry in small timber.

Back