Insect infestation trends

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you seen a change in the level of insect infestations this year?

• High Infestations

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Low Infestations

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No change

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Themadd1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wondering if there were any trends out the this past summer. I noticed alot of aphid infestations and of course your normal caterpillar issues.

Anyone else have more than normal amounts of specific damage?

I just had a long day with a consultant to discuss insect issues and boost our spray/IPM program for fall applications. We had a lot of site visits and I found it amazing how many plants are infested with lacebug, and other suckers.

I am definately going to push more imidacloprid services this fall and next spring. Hopefully to lighten the burden next year and make more room for fungicide sprays. They take up alot of the time and timing is so critical.

Lower Michigan had a wet spring and VERY dry summer. Combined w/4 to 5 years of mild winters, where there's no winter kil, everything was out in record numbers, Aphids, Mites, Plant Bug, Scale insects of all kinds.

Lots of bagworm in this area (Findlay, OH). It has been building for a few years.

Otherwise, I have not noticed anything too out of wack on a wide scale.

Lots of mites, lace bug, Camellia scale, diplodia, borers (found some today):greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back