Inside the Husqvarna 543xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of baffled by the direction the design of the GZ4300/543XP took in comparison to the GZ4000/4500. It made sense to split the difference in displacement ......

It hardly is a matter of "splitting the difference", as there also is a GZ3900 (Zenoah only that one), that is related to the 4300. ;)

Also I doubt very much that the power differense between the 4500 and the 4300 is about the muffler only, as they should be made with the same emission rules in mind. This isn't about a minor differense.

It seems to me they should have saved the cost of the mechanical development and just added AT to the GZ4500, along with a better flowing muffler. The GZ4500 is lighter and without the choked up muffler I doubt that it is down on power at all.

It hardly is a matter of "splitting the difference", as there also is a GZ3900 (zenoah only that one), that is related to the 4300. ;)

Also I doubt very much that the power differense between the 4500 and the 4300 is about the muffler only, as they should be made with the same emission rules in mind. This isn't about a minor differense.
I had not seen the GZ3900. However, based on my experience with several of the GZ4000s, a muffler mod makes a very large increase in power. Other have found the same. Also, the engine/cylinder design looks very similar with the offset crank being the only thing really new, but I doubt that would out weigh the larger displacement of the GZ4500. I'll stick to my previous comment as I doubt that it actually makes more power than a GZ4500 with a freer flowing muffler. But it does weigh more! :laugh:

Hey Mitch, how far off are you on doing the 241cm?

I'm a bit behind so it will not take priority. Also, it hasn't arrived yet. A stock video will be taken immediately in the same wood I used for the 543 though....

Ok. I am writing from my memory: the lost link was a japanese site ; lots of fotos with Zenoah saw's . I remember the case looking similar to H 543 except the chain brake handle was on the bar cover [like Zenoah G3800]. The oil pump was like G 500 oil pump , the cover and worm gear also similar. The cilinder with side covers[like GZ 4000],the top cover and air filter cover like G3800 covers. Mufler similar with H543 mufler, the tank looks like a 3800 tank with just 1 hole and cap. That is what i remember . If sombady has that link please post . Thank you.

Ok. I am writing from my memory: the lost link was a japanese site ; lots of fotos with Zenoah saw's . I remember the case looking similar to H 543 except the chain brake handle was on the bar cover [like Zenoah G3800]. The oil pump was like G 500 oil pump , the cover and worm gear also similar. The cilinder with side covers[like GZ 4000],the top cover and air filter cover like G3800 covers. Mufler similar with H543 mufler, the tank looks like a 3800 tank with just 1 hole and cap. That is what i remember . If sombady has that link please post . Thank you.

So it's a mutt?

Hahaha

Received a notification for this thread, yet no response. Ignore must be working......

I fail to see the quality issues with the saw.... Gave a good looking over and it looks better built than a 346.....

The only time the plastic covers cause an issue that I've come across is if the user runs it with the chainbrake on while trying to figure out why the chain doesn't spin.....

The chainbrake handle is far more susceptible to damage than the cover, see the handles snapped off all the time on all saws.

20 year old Husky 36's and 41's come into the shop with perfectly normal and functioning chain brakes. 3 year old saws with metal covers come in all busted up - still hold the bar on, adjust tension, etc - just are busted up pretty good lol. These are consumer references, not pros. I have a handful of pro guys running 345/350's, and a couple of 445's - but those are metal covers.

I don't see the plastic as being an issue. It will take some hard impact to break it.

Stihl has run plastic covers for a while on some models, no issues there, either.

I don't see the plastic as being an issue. It will take some hard impact to break it.

Stihl has run plastic covers for a while on some models, no issues there, either.
have had MS 200 and MS 201 and in my opinion the big weakness are the plastic around the clutch area. Doesnt take much beathing before the plastic parts are history.
Those things doesnt happen on my JReds, but they have metal.

Latest posts

Back