Inside the Husqvarna 543xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything new on the 543?

It hasn't blown up yet.:rock:

Although it still has plastic bits a reportedly is distributed by Toys R Us.

Suppose the fate is somewhat sealed on this saw being I can't even give one away at cost plus free porting...........Just doesn't have that qualiity Stihl plastic I guess.

Suppose the fate is somewhat sealed on this saw being I can't even give one away at cost plus free porting...........Just doesn't have that qualiity Stihl plastic I guess.
Are you serious? I must admit I was planning on waiting till some direct comparisons had been made to the 241 - but I might have to get you to ship it to Aus.

I didn't know it was for sale? Is it advertized somewhere?

In testing this week with other saws, this 543 is 1-2 seconds behind a well broke in 550xp with MM and dead even with 5105 with MM. Same bar and chain, 14"ish wood.

Having to move on to customer saws soon, I'll be building another 543 Monday-Tuesday. Any one interested in running it and returning feed back to me/AS? Saw will be $450 shipped lower 48 ported. I'll maintain to warranty. Shoot me a PM.

I didn't know it was for sale? Is it advertized somewhere?

I offered to do one for anyone willing to give a fair review and flog it for a bit. Not this saw but another. Going to keep pushing the numbers on this one til has gone to far....ya know for the sake of science.

Had two inquiries, long story short they both went to handle one and backed out. Saying they are inferior.

Currently running this one and waiting to get the 241. Either way, it's on the back burned as I'm SOOOOO far behind with customer stuff.

Are you serious? I must admit I was planning on waiting till some direct comparisons had been made to the 241 - but I might have to get you to ship it to Aus.

For this reason I want to get a pile of hours on some. Generally I buy these saws on my own dime to experiment and then when satisfied take on customer saws. To ship one to AUS this early probable wont happen.

Wish I had it recently to take care of a tree out in the back yard. Still have to buck most of it up and take another cluster out...... I wouldn't mind using your inferiorly designed piece-o-**** for a little bit. Flog it, if you will.

For this reason I want to get a pile of hours on some. Generally I buy these saws on my own dime to experiment and then when satisfied take on customer saws. To ship one to AUS this early probable wont happen.
No stress, I just know that I'll buy one of these two saws sooner or later. They are a good fit for a lot of my work.
I've been very impressed by the 241, but an option that keeps my bars and chains interchangeable is smart when I run three sub 50cc huskies atm.
I'll just keep watching with interest - but feel free to hurry up, I can't wait to f-off the 445 for one of these as it's definitely the weakest saw I own and it's relegated to "new guy saw" and is flogged because of it.

No stress, I just know that I'll buy one of these two saws sooner or later. They are a good fit for a lot of my work.
I've been very impressed by the 241, but an option that keeps my bars and chains interchangeable is smart when I run three sub 50cc huskies atm.
I'll just keep watching with interest - but feel free to hurry up, I can't wait to f-off the 445 for one of these as it's definitely the weakest saw I own and it's relegated to "new guy saw" and is flogged because of it.

Oh, it will smoke a 445 even stock run in. My personal saw is head on with a broke in 5105.

Waiting for your upcoming comparison between the HVA 543 XP(G) and Stihl MS 241.

I sold a couple this year. Neat rigs, owners love em.

I'd take a 543 right away, the only deal breaker is I'm a little further away, so S&H is probably prohibative.

Back