Inside the MS151T - MS150 vs MS151

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the MS150T. It's a COMPLETELY different saw once modded! I would consider it basically unusable stock. Just a muffler mod and timing advance gave it a 42% gain!!!

I'm very frustrated that I didn't get stock video with the MS151T. Instead, I videod the MS150T again :( I'm blaming it on the heat, being rushed, and not feeling the greatest. I was surprised to find that the MS151T does not care for the timing advanced. It has better throttle response and power with the timing left stock.

Here's the MS150T. It's a COMPLETELY different saw once modded! I would consider it basically unusable stock. Just a muffler mod and timing advance gave it a 42% gain!!!

I'm very frustrated that I didn't get stock video with the MS151T. Instead, I videod the MS150T again :( I'm blaming it on the heat, being rushed, and not feeling the greatest. I was surprised to find that the MS151T does not care for the timing advanced. It has better throttle response and power with the timing left stock.

The 150's are definitely unusable in stock form. We love these little saws, they are just so light and agile, especially helpful when aloft. In fact I just bought two more new ones from Brad here because they are not made anymore I understand .

So how do these 151's with the liught mods listed stack up against the Echo 2511? Looking into a lightweight top handle and those are the top choices.

So how do these 151's with the liught mods listed stack up against the Echo 2511? Looking into a lightweight top handle and those are the top choices.

People will tell you a 2511 is superior to a 151.

It isn't at all, I'd take a 151 over a 2511 7 days a week, all things being equal of course.

Back