Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l dunno whether cutting the squish is neccesary or not to get the best running saw, what do know after running a fully stock 261 for two years is that Brad knows a thing or two about making a saw run. My standard carb strato gutted 261 amazes me everyday l run it. lt just friggen flies!

I was too......but folks pushed me into doing it.

After gearing up to cut em on the lathe.....I see no reason to mess with popups at all.

I can cut the squish on most jugs in 30 minutes.

Wholeheartedly agree. I can't imagine trying to increase the compression ratio any other way.

But it takes me an hour or so. :(

:eek: Looks that way, I hadn't notised. It would be interesting to know the reason for the differense......
I would imagine it's moving the mount a little further away from the cylinder to take the larger bars. You must be forgetting it, we discussed this on arbtalk about a week or 2 ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fastest 60cc saw I previously built was a 359. I never had the opportunity to compare it to Nik's MS361, but it would have been close.
I have that saw and it ain't going nowhere. That 361is wearing a 25" bar it runs Stihl 3/8 rsk well. Probably my favorite saw to run. A couple guys at work got to run it and they wouldn't stop talking about it.

I normally agree with you, but not this time.

I hear ya. But......

The 359 cylinder is complete junk. It's just a cheaply made Chinese, poorly plated pile of crap. Then there's the cat muffler, and the lack of crank stuffers.

I hear ya. But......

The 359 cylinder is complete junk. It's just a cheaply made Chinese, poorly plated pile of crap. Then there's the cat muffler, and the lack of crank stuffers.

The two you built me were convincing enough to send that brand new ported 562xpw down the road the same week I got it.;) Id buy another 359 in a heartbeat if it wasnt for my 262s.

Latest posts

Back