Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya. But......

The 359 cylinder is complete junk. It's just a cheaply made Chinese, poorly plated pile of crap. Then there's the cat muffler, and the lack of crank stuffers.

Screwed one or two up eh?,

besides old JJ says he takes the stuffers out on the 357s he works on.

And the muffler, yes it was less than ideal, nothing a good old boy can't rectify.

The two you built me were convincing enough to send that brand new ported 562xpw down the road the same week I got it.;) Id buy another 359 in a heartbeat if it wasnt for my 262s.

I can make the 359 into a running SOB. I still don't like that jug though.

And the muffler, yes it was less than ideal, nothing a good old boy can't rectify.

Never messed one up by porting it......no.

The plating is so thin that they rarely ever are able to be cleaned up after a scored piston.......which happens a lot due to the crappy intake boot design. :laugh:

I like the stuffers in em myself......

I can make the 359 into a running SOB. I still don't like that jug though.

Never messed one up by porting it......no.

The plating is so thin that they rarely ever are able to be cleaned up after a scored piston.......which happens a lot due to the crappy intake boot design. :laugh:

I like the stuffers in em myself......

You sure the OEM 359 cylinder is made in China??????????????

Besides the 357 muffler is no great flowing device, I took one look at it and opened it up (to say the least)

Besides the 357 muffler is no great flowing device, I took one look at it and opened it up (to say the least)

I'd bet my eye teeth it is.

Same for the 353.

I agree with you on the muffler. They were taking stupid pills when they made those things.

The muffler on both these models is choked up about as bad as any I've seen.
BTW, I've seen cats and non-cats on both models.

The 357 cylinder is the same design as the 346xp & 372xp. Proven hot-rod ****!

Hmm,

ain't but 10 bucks difference in price between the OEM 357 cylinder and the OEM 359?

Guess Husky is making a killing off all them Chinese children?

I think I would take that bet on your eye teeth monkey.

Hmm,

ain't but 10 bucks difference in price between the OEM 357 cylinder and the OEM 359?

357 is made by Mahle. 359 is a no name, maybe an in-house built? I doubt it's made in china, but it is lower quality.

Hmm,

I think they are indeed making big money off those poor souls.

I'd bet......and I'd win. :laugh:

Not all of them, it depends on what you're building.

A 357 without stuffers can be made into a very good running saw. A 359 with stuffers can also be made into a very good running saw.

I would imagine it's moving the mount a little further away from the cylinder to take the larger bars. You must be forgetting it, we discussed this on arbtalk about a week or 2 ago

I'm confused :confused: - but if that is the case, it's another reason to prefere the 560 to the 562.....

Back