Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, man. Now ya done it. I know a guy here has a photo of it shows the flame unpropomagating and going all wompy eyed on ya wid da pop ups.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, lol. I've seen too many fantastic running saws with popups to throw the baby out with the bath water. If this saw is lacking, it's certainly not because it has a popup.

wouldn't the saw be harder to start with advanced timing over retarded timing or is this different in a chainsaw.

The Tsumura T&L arrived from up north. Thanks Dave! It'll look even better on the 2260.

IMG_4203-L.jpg

IMG_4201-L.jpg

Why can't you just taper the edge of the popup instead if it being 90 degree edge? Making it a ramp instead of a step?

I had pics of one that I made just like an 028 super, with a high polished perfect bump in the middle. Of course I can't find em now. It was a welded popup. It wasnt much better as far as flow patterns go.

The Tsumura T&L arrived from up north. Thanks Dave! It'll look even better on the 2260.

IMG_4203-L.jpg

IMG_4201-L.jpg
Thanks for posting your progress on this saw, Brad. Posts like this make this site worth visiting.

Side note: i couldn't help but notice your table would be fine firewood. :D

I was the same way as Brad.

I remember saying....compression is compression.

I was wrong. :(
Randy you have said it before somtiaimes less is more. I have learn the same way. it is only mony in qestion. sory for my english.

All I know is that there are some mighty strong running saws out there with popups. IMHO, it's far from the most important piece of the pie. Does it make a difference? Maybe. However, I don't think it's a significant difference.

Latest posts

Back