Instructions on how to Embed pics in your thread. (Without having to click on them)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
test
229236d1331926002-mm-001-jpg

Ok manyhobbies how do I put the attachment in the post and then do the short cut that you describe to get it to embed all in the same post. I can take my previous post and do the right click and post it but not all in the same post.

Yup, I've looked at every single thread and tutorial about this, and with three different browsers my manage attachment window is different and doesn't allow me to copy shortcut after the picture is attached, only before when it is only a thumbnail size picture, my wig is fried

Yup, I've looked at every single thread and tutorial about this, and with three different browsers my manage attachment window is different and doesn't allow me to copy shortcut after the picture is attached, only before when it is only a thumbnail size picture, my wig is fried

Drop me a pm if you'd like help.
230836d1332744631-056super3-jpg

Ok manyhobbies how do I put the attachment in the post and then do the short cut that you describe to get it to embed all in the same post. I can take my previous post and do the right click and post it but not all in the same post.

There is always the EDIT function. PM me if you'd like help.

Embedding puzzle

Embedding actual pics in your post, instead of attaching a link that has to be clicked on to open, is a neat way doing things. It isn't that hard to do, but can be a bit confusing if you don't get the sequence right. I have to thank manyhobbies for getting me started on it. But then, after a break from posting, I lost the proper sequence so had to start messing around again. I found a couple of different ways to do it, but the following is the way that works best, I find: You have your post or text down; click on 'Manage Attachments'; upper right corner of the next window click on 'Add Files'; then click on 'Select Files'; you will be shown your PCs storage, select the folder with your pics; select the image that you want to use and click 'open'; ckick on 'Upload File'. When uploaded your image will appear as a thumbnail in the lower left hand of your screen. Move across to the lower right hand of your screen and click on: 'Attach Inline'; you will now be back in your original osting screen, scroll down and click on 'Submit Reply' Once the process is finished, click on 'Edit'; now right click on the box with the attached jpg; from the drop down list click on 'Copy Shortcut'. now ckick again on 'edit' and go to top of screen, 4 from right, click on 'Insert Image'; now click on 'From Url'. A long narrow input strip will appear; get your cursor active in this box by clicking once/twice? Now, hold down 'CTRL' and press 'V'. Something like this will appear: http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/chainsaw/237505d1336556107-001-jpg Now unselect 'Retrieve remote file etc' and click 'OK'; finally click:'Save' and you should be home and dried.

Last edited:
Back