Instructions on how to Embed pics in your thread. (Without having to click on them)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
237531d1336569947-dec15-01-jpg
pic test:View attachment 237531

This is where I live........Hawr! Hawr! Hawr!

No, this is an art project, which I am finding a bit dif.

Last edited:
Embedded photos another go.

Got it some how, but I an not confident I can do it again.
237642d1336654751-img_1485-jpg
jpg.gif
jpg.gif
I am trying to follow Gerdo's instructions but not having much sucess.View attachment 237642

Last edited:
Got it some how, but I an not confident I can do it again.
237642d1336654751-img_1485-jpg
jpg.gif
jpg.gif
I am trying to follow Gerdo's instructions but not having much sucess.View attachment 237642

You've got it Electron56... to bad about the piston though. The tricky part of it is, after you have your pic uploaded you have a few fancy steps to do, just to recap: I have discovered that we can take one step out of the sequence or one step shorter: After you click on 'Insert Inline',Click on 'Done' Now click 'Submit Reply'; when the page come back right click on the box that holds the link to your jpg now seled 'Copy Shortcut'[,now click again on 'Edit', now go to top right of window and 6 from right, click on the greenish square, 'Insert Image' will come up. Cllick on 'From Url' a long narrow input box will show up to the left it will say 'Url', click ln the left side of this box making sure that the cursor is blinking. Now hold down 'CTRL' and press 'V' This will paste the url of your pic', Now, below that box uncheck the the one reading: 'Retrieve remote file etc.' Now click 'OK'[ Now scroll down and click 'Save' and you should be done/. If you have more than one to attach, open your post again by clicking 'Edit'
and repeat the sequence again. Another point to remember is the image size: I find that image dimension of 500kb works ok , either H or W. But keep practicing until the sequence comes easy to you - I still have pic my steps.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Embedding pics

Thanks for your reply and help Gerdo, I will have an other go, this time with a photo of a Walbro HDC carb. Here goes.
ATTACH]
ATTACH]

It's not working this time, all ive done is attach another image of the same pic. It,s got me baffled, and now you can't upload either image.

Last edited:
Multible embed.

Yes Electron56, I hadn't tested embedding more than I pic so, what I said about adding another image to a post was just a guess. But, as you can see from my latest post, I managed 5, which Is the limit. Sorry about the 3rd Image which isn't saw related, but it was convenient at the time. Here's what I done: Do your bit of text to get your post opened, then, 'Manage Attachments' Now, the 'Add Files' page will open; If there are 5 (or less/more) images in that window, select the 5 by clicking on each one then clicking in the we box at the lower right of the image - this will select it. In other words, select the files that you want to embed... no more than five - but they must all be in this first window. Now, with your files or pics selected drag the first one down to the lower left sect of window...in a second the other 4 will follow. Now close this window; you'll be back in your post page, you'll see the jpg attachments of your 5 pics;click 'Submit Reply' right click on each attach individually making sure you click on the live part of the button (jpg011) or whatever. Cllick the top one first and select 'Copy Shortcut', then go to 'Edit', then top right of window, ? from right..'Insert Url'....'From Url'; get your cursor flashing in left side of input box; hold down 'CTRL' and press 'V'. Uncheck box which reads 'Retrieve remote file etc', ...click OK. Now do the same with the next attachments;but with the next ones, after you copy the shortcut you won't need to hit 'Edit' just 'Insert Image' or 'From Url' - just hold down 'CTRL' and press 'V' then uncheck the box below and click ' 'OK ... 'Save'
If you have any glitches let me know as I've written this expln in a hurry.

Last edited:
238179d1336936248-004-jpg
238179d1336936248-004-jpg
Test same pic twice:
To copy the same pic twice: Drag you pic from the 'Add Files' window to bottom left of window, now close the window; back in your post window click 'Submit Reply'; then right click on the attached jpg button and selecth 'Copy Shortcut' ,then click 'Edit' and go to top right and click the green square 'Insert Image' ... 'From Url'...with cursor blinking in input box, hold down 'CTRL' and press 'V'; uncheck the box reading 'Retrieve remote file etc' and click OK; now, right click on the attach jpg again and copy short cut again, then 'Insert Image' then hold down 'CTRL' and press 'V', uncheck the below box click 'OK' followed by 'Save'.

Last edited:
Back