interesting copy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know of the quality of these chinese chainsaws but the other chinese engines I have worked with ALL started out as CRAP. The quality control was horrible, bearings all went bad after about 15 gallons etc. Completed junk!
Roll the clock forward about 5 years now and things are looking different. Their quality control has improved, they are using quality bearing now, since they can't make a decent one themselves, so all in all things are looking up for them. (unfortunately)
When they finally get their metallurgy and the rest of their act together it will be the death of many more products manufactured here and abroad.....................
Seem a lot of people no longer base purchases on quality,, but look more for price. You still get what you pay for

If you want to buy one of the cheap Chinese knock off chain saws then go to www.Alihozeyou.com and get it for about $250.00. Don't make some middleman rich selling junk, nice margin buy 10 at $250.00 each and eBay them at $1000.00 each. Check out all the suppliers at Alibaba most have min orders, some of the saws say Stihl and some other brand names like Emas but they are knock off Stihl 070 saws. Be careful, as the quality from one supplier to the next can go from sorta OK to total junk.
Brad H

that website you linked has long been known as a site for scammers.

If you want to recomend it go ahead and place your order and see how that works for you.

kiss your money goodby

I have seen saws that belong to my freinds listed on there.

they copy ads and sit and wait till they hook a sucka

Not seen a chinese copy of one of these before.Looks ok, if the price is right, for a milling saw you dont mind if it blows up. .....

Very old news, and just POS products that shouldn't be promoted in any way! :censored:

I removed the link from the quote, and that was not by accident!

The main problem is that some of those saws are used in a lot of scams at both E-bay and other "sales" sites, and misrepresented as something that they are not!

Last edited:
sawbones,
You might be (probably are from a quick google search) right, I've never bought from there and doubt I ever will. Local to me (WI) one of these saws was listed on Craigslist and I contacted the seller to set up a time for me to actually go and look at it and he stated he had bought it to cut down one 36" diameter cottonwood tree but decided to sell the saw before using it.? When I asked about the 1 year warranty he was advertising with the saw he said the saw would be "shipped direct from the factory" ???? and I'd need to deal direct with them on the warranty. When I asked from which country it shipped from--NO REPLY--he moved the subject to what I was going to use it for. When I pushed for when I could come and look the saw over he said he was busy for the next week or so...that he bought it off Alibaba and didn't think "it was right for me" I had told him I was going to use it on my chainsaw lumber mill. I've no idea what are lies or what is real, but it looks like I'm not going to get a chance see one of these Chinese saws anytime soon. One reason for posting the site was for people to see that the eBay sellers are paying about $250.00 for a NEW Stihl 070 saw ---NO POSSIBLE WAY IT'S A STIHL--- but if they still wanted to try atleast they didn't go for it at $1000.00 ---YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR--- but maybe not even that on Alibaba. If it seems too good to be true it probably is.
Brad H

I don't know of the quality of these chinese chainsaws but the other chinese engines I have worked with ALL started out as CRAP. The quality control was horrible, bearings all went bad after about 15 gallons etc. Completed junk!
Roll the clock forward about 5 years now and things are looking different. Their quality control has improved, they are using quality bearing now, since they can't make a decent one themselves, so all in all things are looking up for them. (unfortunately)
When they finally get their metallurgy and the rest of their act together it will be the death of many more products manufactured here and abroad.....................
Seem a lot of people no longer base purchases on quality,, but look more for price. You still get what you pay for

I remember my father bought a cheap Japanese brush cutter in the 70s. It was an utter piece of rubbish, zero quality, hard to start, heavy. 40 years later, "Made in Japan" sits there with "Made in Germany" for quality - in fact Japan makes a lot of higher quality stuff than Germany. Honda engines for example wipe the floor with pretty much anything out there.

China will be the same in 20 years....

sawbones,
You might be (probably are from a quick google search) right, I've never bought from there and doubt I ever will. Local to me (WI) one of these saws was listed on Craigslist and I contacted the seller to set up a time for me to actually go and look at it and he stated he had bought it to cut down one 36" diameter cottonwood tree but decided to sell the saw before using it.? When I asked about the 1 year warranty he was advertising with the saw he said the saw would be "shipped direct from the factory" ???? and I'd need to deal direct with them on the warranty. When I asked from which country it shipped from--NO REPLY--he moved the subject to what I was going to use it for. When I pushed for when I could come and look the saw over he said he was busy for the next week or so...that he bought it off Alibaba and didn't think "it was right for me" I had told him I was going to use it on my chainsaw lumber mill. I've no idea what are lies or what is real, but it looks like I'm not going to get a chance see one of these Chinese saws anytime soon. One reason for posting the site was for people to see that the eBay sellers are paying about $250.00 for a NEW Stihl 070 saw ---NO POSSIBLE WAY IT'S A STIHL--- but if they still wanted to try atleast they didn't go for it at $1000.00 ---YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR--- but maybe not even that on Alibaba. If it seems too good to be true it probably is.
Brad H

same game , different day. nothing new under the sun.

snake oil and potions to make you feel better.

scammers are ready and waiting to take your hard earned cash.

them big stihls are just boat anchors anyway. :D

like it says on craigslist, if you cant touch it, dont buy it.

Back