Interesting piston from an Ebay seller in Singapore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe there's more than one "Greek"...LOL.......I've been dealing with "dandrikop"........He's great to deal with.

I do agree, he is a good seller. Shipping time is not his fault, that is US Customs, they are the ones taking their sweet ass time processing the package....

University labs do not do anything for free. Modern Universities are run like businesses and tenures are based on the revenue that profs can bring in either through donations/funding or through the sale of services or technology. They aren't going to say thank you for bringing an italian piston to examine!

Maybe there's more than one "Greek"...LOL.......I've been dealing with "dandrikop"........He's great to deal with.

Yeah, Leo is wearing something too tight...:hmm3grin2orange:

Dandrikop IS the greek guy you speak of that sells episan and meteor pistons...I think his name is demetri if i remember right. Very professional to deal with. He knows his stuff and will treat you right even though his country is about to collapse. I worked with him getting all the pistons listed for cub cadet, john deere, efco, oleo-mac, and olympyk etc. He only had pistons listed under oleo mac until I explained to him they were all the same...made by efco. That appears to have been very good for business yet he never offered to give me a discount...lol
He sells pistons for about all makes of saws(stihl, husky, etc)....just didnt have a grasp on the american market. Now he is out of efco 152 pistons and wont get any in until this fall he said...anytime now. There is a guy on ebay that sells KIC brand efco pistons that must have just came out(MB CHIANSAW) Are they any good? Do they use the same size letter coding like episan and OEM efco pistons? D size is the smallest tolerance with C and B being the size you would need if you are rebuilding a well used D size cylinder. I have a C size 52mm piston that will not even fit into a D size 52mm jug, but fits just fine in the B jug that I have. I kinda like how they do it now days... Trying to find someone to BORE your mac 790 cylinder to the next size is difficult. By giving a modern jug a slight ball honing and simply installing the NEXT size tolerance piston is MUCH easier.

I've bought several sets of rings from Dandrikop (the greek guy) and they have arrived within five business days after ordering. This is for cylinder bores less than 2".

Once you get 2" and above, Hastings may be your better bet.

Dandrikop IS the greek guy you speak of that sells episan and meteor pistons...I think his name is demetri if i remember right. Very professional to deal with. He knows his stuff and will treat you right even though his country is about to collapse. I worked with him getting all the pistons listed for cub cadet, john deere, efco, oleo-mac, and olympyk etc. He only had pistons listed under oleo mac until I explained to him they were all the same...made by efco. That appears to have been very good for business yet he never offered to give me a discount...lol
He sells pistons for about all makes of saws(stihl, husky, etc)....just didnt have a grasp on the american market. Now he is out of efco 152 pistons and wont get any in until this fall he said...anytime now. There is a guy on ebay that sells KIC brand efco pistons that must have just came out(MB CHIANSAW) Are they any good? Do they use the same size letter coding like episan and OEM efco pistons? D size is the smallest tolerance with C and B being the size you would need if you are rebuilding a well used D size cylinder. I have a C size 52mm piston that will not even fit into a D size 52mm jug, but fits just fine in the B jug that I have. I kinda like how they do it now days... Trying to find someone to BORE your mac 790 cylinder to the next size is difficult. By giving a modern jug a slight ball honing and simply installing the NEXT size tolerance piston is MUCH easier.

52mmm efco 152? WOW!!! lets get your numbers strait......its a 45mm cylinder....IF i had a 52mm jug trying to put into a 45mm bore jug.....I can see why that wouldnt fit....LOL..I had to come back to bust my own balls since nobody else would do it.....You guys are gettin lazy anymore...lol:biggrin:

Back