Internet dealer for Stihl chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskydoggg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple of loops of Stihl RM chain in .325 x .058. Bailey's doesn't seem to carry it and my local dealers aren't interested in supplying anything other than their usual one type of chain. Can anyone suggest an internet source for Stihl chain? Thanks.

I should clarify: If you are set on Stihl chain, you will need to change the bar out. Get one in .050 of .063 gauge, then you can get Stihl chain, to my knowledge Stihl never made .058 gauge chain. Calton, Oregon, and GBas some other manufatures that make .058 chain in a semi-cheisel style that would probably work for you.

WELP......................... Wrong again!!!!:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

If you are lookin' for an internet dealer to sell you Stihl chain (besides ebay)... they don't exist.

I also agree on changin' out the bar for somethin' easier to find... i.e. .050

Gary

Nevermind just looked it up. The number will be

3971 005 00**

Replace the ** with the number of drive links you need. Bring it into a dealer and ask him to order you a few loops with this number. It is .325 .058 Stihl 25RM chain.

If you want post the number of DL here and I will make sure it is available in that length. Usually Stihl Northeast will cut ANY length of ANY chain we would like.

It really depends on your dealer. If he is interested in learning the whole product line or just waht he sells most of the time. I have a dealer, a real smart guy, that told me Stihl doesn't have any yellow label picco availabe. Down the road they have it. In our market segement, if you have 3/8 and .325 round chisel in yellow label and some RM2 and PM1 or PMN homeowner chain, you can never have to look up anything unusual. The only internet stihl chain is on ebay, NOS and such. I may buy a reel one day if I can get it cheap, cause I like the stuff, but then again I like Oregon too..., I digress, if you have a cooperative dealer and are educated on part#s or can show him in the catalogue, he can get you anything Stihl makes, and they still support .058" chain.

It really depends on your dealer. If he is interested in learning the whole product line or just waht he sells most of the time. I have a dealer, a real smart guy, that told me Stihl doesn't have any yellow label picco availabe. Down the road they have it. In our market segement, if you have 3/8 and .325 round chisel in yellow label and some RM2 and PM1 or PMN homeowner chain, you can never have to look up anything unusual. The only internet stihl chain is on ebay, NOS and such. I may buy a reel one day if I can get it cheap, cause I like the stuff, but then again I like Oregon too..., I digress, if you have a cooperative dealer and are educated on part#s or can show him in the catalogue, he can get you anything Stihl makes, and they still support .058" chain.

Diesel's mostly right.. but a dealer can't get what his Stihl area distribution doesn't stock.. part number or not. For example, I can't get 3/8 0.063 loops up here. I can get 100 foot reels, but that would last 10 years in a 3/8 .050 market. I can't get full comp 0.404 RM in loops or reels now.. Pisses me off, 'cos I use it!

Diesel's mostly right.. but a dealer can't get what his Stihl area distribution doesn't stock.. part number or not. For example, I can't get 3/8 0.063 loops up here. I can get 100 foot reels, but that would last 10 years in a 3/8 .050 market. I can't get full comp 0.404 RM in loops or reels now.. Pisses me off, 'cos I use it!

That stinks. Stihl NE has this awesome breaking/spinning TABLE setup, with all these poly disks, and holders for reels of chain. If I remember correctly I think they said that only them and Germany have one. If we get our chains in a plastic clam shell they were done in VA or overseas in the chain factory...Swededn? Switzerland? If it comes in the grey boxes with handwriting on them they were spun at Stihl NE and packaged by hand.

I should clarify: If you are set on Stihl chain, you will need to change the bar out. Get one in .050 of .063 gauge, then you can get Stihl chain, to my knowledge Stihl never made .058 gauge chain. Calton, Oregon, and GBas some other manufatures that make .058 chain in a semi-cheisel style that would probably work for you.

I know you already have been informed, but my local stihl dealer carries 3/8 058 RS...All I ran for a long time (husky saws), just so much better than the oregon, IMO. But I have finally switched everything over to 050.

I've never had a saw that ran 325 058, but I can check the next time I am out that way.

Latest posts

Back