Introducing Brand New Wood Furnace to Market - The Drolet Tundra!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my Heatmax is currently sitting on a skid at my basement door. Going to be bringing it in tonight. I called SBI before purchasing and was assured all inventory in the plant was retrofitted and any furnace shipping direct from the factory would have the upgrades. I guess I'll see for myself tonight. Still don't think I'll bother to use the ash pan.

I ordered the cold air return kit, but haven't opened it yet. I'm interested in this question. Any answers yet?
I decided not to buy the cold air return kit, and I just butted the furnace filter out up to my cold air return and it seems to work fine. I will seal the edges with aluminum tape.

It's interesting that neither manual states what the thermo disc actually does, but it looks like it replaces the high limit disc inside the rear electrical box and is relocated to the top of the stove.

It's interesting that neither manual states what the thermo disc actually does, but it looks like it replaces the high limit disc inside the rear electrical box and is relocated to the top of the stove.
I know. I was wondering if the furnace runs hotter with the cold air return hooked up to it. That's the only reason that I think they would relocate the thermal disc.

I bought a Honeywell 5000 2 stage thermostat and was hoping to use this to control my tundra and my LP furnace for back up, but I can't figure out how to wire it. Anyone have any insight on how to do this?

I decided not to buy the cold air return kit, and I just butted the furnace filter out up to my cold air return and it seems to work fine. I will seal the edges with aluminum tape.
I use the filter box kit very much like what your doing without the return hooked up . Works like a champ for me every 10-14 days I install a new 3m filter . My old furnace didn't have a provision for a return or filter box so I appreciated this feature .. It really keeps the dust and fine ash or smoke from getting into your ductwork

I would just call sbi and ask about the special thermostat install . They are good about that kinda thing with tech support

Hey guys question for you all. It's really cold here so I got this thing really going, how full can you fill the fire box? I just don't want to over fill it.

Leave an inch below the burn tubes if your going to fill it . You'll want that space for secondary gases to combust

Lol I do that with my dutchwest my wife says I drink to much I tell her you get thirsty by the fire

So how are your burn times
I fired it up a few days a go just to try it out. I didn't have the chimney liner in so I only had it going for 6 hours. I got the duravent liner installed today so this is my first real fire. I'll let you know tomorrow morning after I fill it tonight before bed.

what's everyone got their blower speed set on? I left mine at the factory setting, but I think it should be a little higher. My LP furnace blows harder.

Back