Introducing Brand New Wood Furnace to Market - The Drolet Tundra!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what the glass looks like. Does it look ok or too Smokey?

Attachments

• WP_20140227_003.jpg
    WP_20140227_003.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 70
I have a 2 stage and and very impressed with the even heat
it's 10 below here right now and my trane would be running pretty much nonstop and half the rooms would feel chilly, probably use close to 10 gallons heating a day like today.

The haze on the glass is usually due to having the wood length right at the maximum so it's up against the glass or at least real close and when moisture is ultimately pushed out of it it will leave a buildup in the glass nothing to be worried about take some ez off oven cleaner and spray on and wipe off once it cools down . Don't clean the glass while it's hot or it'll leave a hazy streak on the glass

I tried a 130-115 and couldn't get the heat I needed so I went back to stock then it threw heat. It cycled to much and the fan shut off to quick. Course. It was -29 here this morning. I 'll stay with the stock thermo disk.

Ha! That's funny. Red Green may be my avatar, but I'm nowhere near his age, closer to yours actually. Yup, that's good info for sure, I think I first read about using ash here on AS...or maybe on that other wood burning forum...you know, the big H. Anyways, try it, it works very well. BTW, if the buildup is REALLY heavy, a new razor blade at a low angle will take most of it off (without scratching the glass) and then you can polish the rest off with the damp towel/ash trick.

We bought a Heatmax back in January from Farm and Home in Corunna, MI for $1,444 with the intention of installing it in the spring/summer. After the last fuel oil bill I decided enough was enough and we spent the money and put in a chimney and through wall installation kit into our basement. We just bought this house last November and I had been cutting lots of nice, beautiful oak but nothing was seasoned.

We've got a 1,200sq ft ranch with straight run ductwork. It was built in 1973 and it's pretty drafty. It was a very simple installation for the chimney and furnace. I made some special trips to find some dead, standing ash and got plenty nearby. The moisture level is low so we started with a couple small fires to burn off the oils and everything of the new furnace. It was pretty stinky and had to air out the basement for most of the day while initial running. We started running it with only two 45's on top to blow air through the basement because I couldn't get the proper HVAC supplies for a couple days. It kept the furnace from running but didn't do real well warming the house (which was expected). Once I got it hooked up to the ductwork it's been awesome! Temps have been hovering around zero outside and nice and toasty inside. My wife loves it! It's easy for her to load when she needs to and we are starting to fine tune our cycles now. It seems to like to go through an entire burn cycle instead of throwing a log or two on here and there. When the house reaches temp and it shuts the air supply, the secondaries look like an oven and burn cherry red. My uncle across the street has a Yukon Eagle and he's really jealous of the glass door. We are planning on building a nice family area around the furnace because it gives off good radiant heat and it's nice to sit by the fire. I'm very happy so far as I was considering a Caddy before this one showed up in the showroom. I would've been happy with the Caddy no doubt but this was a fraction of the price.

In the week or so of running it, I can really see a big difference in running well seasoned wood versus slightly wet wood.

We bought a Heatmax back in January from Farm and Home in Corunna, MI for $1,444 with the intention of installing it in the spring/summer. After the last fuel oil bill I decided enough was enough and we spent the money and put in a chimney and through wall installation kit into our basement. We just bought this house last November and I had been cutting lots of nice, beautiful oak but nothing was seasoned.

We've got a 1,200sq ft ranch with straight run ductwork. It was built in 1973 and it's pretty drafty. It was a very simple installation for the chimney and furnace. I made some special trips to find some dead, standing ash and got plenty nearby. The moisture level is low so we started with a couple small fires to burn off the oils and everything of the new furnace. It was pretty stinky and had to air out the basement for most of the day while initial running. We started running it with only two 45's on top to blow air through the basement because I couldn't get the proper HVAC supplies for a couple days. It kept the furnace from running but didn't do real well warming the house (which was expected). Once I got it hooked up to the ductwork it's been awesome! Temps have been hovering around zero outside and nice and toasty inside. My wife loves it! It's easy for her to load when she needs to and we are starting to fine tune our cycles now. It seems to like to go through an entire burn cycle instead of throwing a log or two on here and there. When the house reaches temp and it shuts the air supply, the secondaries look like an oven and burn cherry red. My uncle across the street has a Yukon Eagle and he's really jealous of the glass door. We are planning on building a nice family area around the furnace because it gives off good radiant heat and it's nice to sit by the fire. I'm very happy so far as I was considering a Caddy before this one showed up in the showroom. I would've been happy with the Caddy no doubt but this was a fraction of the price.

In the week or so of running it, I can really see a big difference in running well seasoned wood versus slightly wet wood.
do you have yours hooked to a thermostat? If so what wire actually goes to what on the furnace. Directions weren't clear and I'm not sure if I have mine right.

do you have yours hooked to a thermostat? If so what wire actually goes to what on the furnace. Directions weren't clear and I'm not sure if I have mine right.

There's two nuts where you connect the two wires on the back of the control box (on the back of the furnace). Hook them up there and make sure the switch for the air supply door is closed. Then hook up the thermostat as the instructions say.

There's two nuts where you connect the two wires on the back of the control box (on the back of the furnace). Hook them up there and make sure the switch for the air supply door is closed. Then hook up the thermostat as the instructions say.
yes I understand that, but no where does it say which nut to hook up the red or white wire to. The nuts aren't labeled so does it matter which wire goes to which one?

Latest posts

Back