Introducing Brand New Wood Furnace to Market - The Drolet Tundra!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know what u mean. If i
Just because you have a baro doesn't mean your getting good draft. You really need a manometer to find out what the draft is. It's almost impossible to even set a baro correctly without one.
Yeah I know what u mean if I can find one cheap

Yeah I know what u mean. If i

Yeah I know what u mean if I can find one cheap
Go on fleabay or the big "A", search Dwyer manometer, look for a Dwyer Mark II, I have bought 2 of them now that way for $20 or under delivered. If you don't want to wait for a deal then $30 - $40 is easy to find on there right now. This model works great for this application. Oh, and make sure what you buy has the red gauge oil with it, it is pricey to buy separately.

Go on fleabay or the big "A", search Dwyer manometer, look for a Dwyer Mark II, I have bought 2 of them now that way for $20 or under delivered. If you don't want to wait for a deal then $30 - $40 is easy to find on there right now. This model works great for this application. Oh, and make sure what you buy has the red gauge oil with it, it is pricey to buy separately.
OK thanks I will do

OK thanks I will do
I have to call you out on a few things. I went over to hearth forums and read your posts over there. On here you said you used 3 cords of wood so far over there you said you used 5-6 cords so far. You don't know what your draft if, but you say its good because you have a baro. You didn't mention it here, but on the other forum you said your burning birch which burns must faster and produces less btu than some other hard wood. If you seriously think there is a problem with the furnace than there is a problem with you. Everything you posted comes down to a problem with the operator, not the furnace.

WP_20150208_002.jpg One other thing I'd like to add. I looked at your pictures on the other forum with your damper shut and your fire is burning too hard so I bet your draft is way too high. The fire will burn through wood, but all your heat is being lost up the chimney. Set the baro so it opens up more to keep the heat back in the firebox. Here is a picture of mine and you can see the fire is just barely burning.

I have to call you out on a few things. I went over to hearth forums and read your posts over there. On here you said you used 3 cords of wood so far over there you said you used 5-6 cords so far. You don't know what your draft if, but you say its good because you have a baro. You didn't mention it here, but on the other forum you said your burning birch which burns must faster and produces less btu than some other hard wood. If you seriously think there is a problem with the furnace than there is a problem with you. Everything you posted comes down to a problem with the operator, not the furnace.
Now I know from what u guys have told me I just have to fix the problem .

I guess I wrote the cords wrong but o have burn 5/6 cord. I will get the new up date that location of the thermodisc and get a manometer

I guess I wrote the cords wrong but o have burn 5/6 cord. I will get the new up date that location of the thermodisc and get a manometer
back that screw on the baro all the way out and turn it in about 1/4 turn. Try it once and let me know if it helps. If you get smoke coming back in just turn it another 1/4 until the smoke stops.

back that screw on the baro all the way out and turn it in about 1/4 turn. Try it once and let me know if it helps. If you get smoke coming back in just turn it another 1/4 until the smoke stops.
I will do that I will let u know, u guy are very helpful.

Are you posting from a phone? A lot of typos sometimes, makes it hard to follow, just sayin. Anyways, sound like you are on the right track toward having to open the house windows to let some of that Tundra heat out...;)

Are you posting from a phone? A lot of typos sometimes, makes it hard to follow, just sayin. Anyways, sound like you are on the right track toward having to open the house windows to let some of that Tundra heat out...;)
Yeah most of the time I'm on the phone. Lol I hoping

I'm usually on here on my phone also. I always have to go back and edit my post because this stupid phone puts the wrong words in.

I'm usually on here on my phone also. I always have to go back and edit my post because this stupid phone puts the wrong words in.
My MILs phone tried to slip in the F bomb on one of her text to my wife, she caught it though...last minute. She was blushing just telling us the story later! :laugh:

Are you guys doing the talk to text or actually typing it into the phone. I find it very difficult to read/scroll/reply to AS on the phone. So much so I almost never do it.

Are you guys doing the talk to text or actually typing it into the phone. I find it very difficult to read/scroll/reply to AS on the phone. So much so I almost never do it.
I'm just typing. Actually it used to be really horrible on here using a phone, but they must of did some updates because it's much better now.

Back