Introduction newbie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
41 Married man from central Indiana, wife and three kids.,.
When I came to this site. I owned one old 3.7 Craftsman saw(Roper)
It has been a great saw, I have owned it for atleast 15 years.
We are having our farm woods timbered and that is leaving a whole lot of hardwood tops.about 800 actually.So now is time to clean up what is visible from the road. I have a few friends that want to cut firewood.and I have always loaned myself and saw to help them.But I was wanting , well you know,More POWER!
So I came here and read and read. I ended up buying a Dolmar 6400. so far I love it and the logger used it to fell and top a couple of trees not 5 minutes after I got home with it.. He said it seemed to be a good saw. But there is no service where I bought it.. From a Tool rental store. Locally owned.But I know if I have any major issues he will take care of it.. He has had the line since June and has not sold the first saw. So he made me a whale of a deal to get one out in the public. So far I am not looking back. I do wish there was a carry/storage case for it though.
Ok so I bought it on Monday. Did a window job for a guy and he had a couple of Jonsereds forsale I ended up buying a little limbing saw for 100 bucks a 2036 looks like new and runs as well too. I went ahead and bought a pair of chaps too.. from the Stihl dealer.
I might call the Dolmar dealer and see if he can get me a set from Dolmar and if so I will give the stihls to my son.
It has been so rainy and nasty I have not cut much. waiting on a better day./ I will get out there tomorrow and see how the new toys run.

Well thanks for letting a newbie come in here and listen and learn.

Welcome, that was a very good first post, and I wish you all well, from up here.

The 2036 is assambled by Poulan, but don't let anyone make you believe that it is a regular (rebadged) Poulan, it ain't!

The 6400 is a bit heavy for it's power, but if it doesn't bother you, that isn't an issue. ... but the 7900 weights the same.....

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

yeah I saw that

But it would have left my wallet qnother almost 200 US dollars lighter..
i figured if I ever wanted more power I could change the piston and jug. For about the same money, and be hidden by the 6400 badging.
I do not burn any wood currently heat my house with solar hot water with fuel oil back up.

ericjeeper said:
But it would have left my wallet qnother almost 200 US dollars lighter..
i figured if I ever wanted more power I could change the piston and jug. For about the same money, and be hidden by the 6400 badging.
HAH, you seem to have it all under control......:rockn:

Back