Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No stump?

He'd sure like to, but he's got a ton of work piled up, and is doing his best to get through it all...
Trying to get things in order so he can make it to Jasper...
I ain't gonna have the 350 ready either...
:msp_unsure:

I got a giant stanly thermos Stephen... I think we'll be needing it...
Can't wait till the 6th...
I done missed Andy and Sarah's shindig today!!:msp_unsure:

Good people there.

Got a Homelite wiz running today for the big wiz race! You two may have an advantage with all the coffee you drink.

I offered the same thing for Spikes GTG so I thought I would ask here too. I don't know what you guys have planned for food without reading through the whole thread so...

I won't be making any of the GTG's down there this year but I'd like to donate some food if anyone's willing to deal with it. If there's going to be a grill on hand I could ship down 25lbs of fresh caught Alaskan Salmon. I'd like to give back to the AS community for all the free knowledge, troubleshooting, wisecracks, and entertainment I've gathered here in the past few years. Let me know if I can help out. It is in1lb vacuum sealed packs and would have to be Wed. or Thurs. delivery.

I got a giant stanly thermos Stephen... I think we'll be needing it...
Can't wait till the 6th...
I done missed Andy and Sarah's shindig today!!:msp_unsure:

Can't wait myself, I haven't seen the old man (Mo Jim) in this thread is he going to make it this year? I hope so.

Matt, Rod put the van in the shop yesterday. He said it needs a few parts I'll be getting this week should be ready for a road trip soon. :Rock:

Now if I just had time to get a saw or two ready.

Last edited:
Trying to get a few tanks through it before the 6th, man this thing rips!

5e8evy7e.jpg

Sorry playing with the new phone too

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I offered the same thing for Spikes GTG so I thought I would ask here too. I don't know what you guys have planned for food without reading through the whole thread so...

I won't be making any of the GTG's down there this year but I'd like to donate some food if anyone's willing to deal with it. If there's going to be a grill on hand I could ship down 25lbs of fresh caught Alaskan Salmon. I'd like to give back to the AS community for all the free knowledge, troubleshooting, wisecracks, and entertainment I've gathered here in the past few years. Let me know if I can help out. It is in1lb vacuum sealed packs and would have to be Wed. or Thurs. delivery.

WHAT?!?! Nobody is taking this man up on this amazing offer?!?! :bang::bang::bang:

Yes send it down I will cook it on my Treager or we could do a cook off contest. PM me or the OP and get an address and we will put it to good use! Thanks man my mouth is watering already!!

Can't wait myself, I haven't seen the old man (Mo Jim) in this thread is he going to make it this year? I hope so.

Like I always say,Lord willing and the crick don't rise. This show will be a good warmup for Jasper and you will get to meet a lot of new people. I plan on going up friday to get the lay of the land and should have a fresh pot of coffee on when you show up Saturday morning.:msp_smile:

Who's making cants?
How many saw bucks will be in attendance???
Can you bring some with? I don't have any made yet...

I will get the 3-10E charged up and ready to go, can someone please confirm that the date is in fact 6 October?Mark
Confirmed. IT IS on Oct 6th.

Yes send it down I will cook it on my Treager or we could do a cook off contest. PM me or the OP and get an address and we will put it to good use! Thanks man my mouth is watering already!!
WHAT?!?! Nobody is taking this man up on this amazing offer?!?! :bang::bang::bang:

Sorry I was away for a while. I'll take up Kodiak on the Salmon and he can ship directly to me so it will be at the GTG site. I have a big grill on the back deck, and my wife will be here on Wed and Thurs!!!!

Last edited:
Heads up on the 390 long block build. We ran into an issue at the MN GTG last night, the kit ships without a decomp or a plug for the decomp hole. If you're starting with a saw with no decomp, you'll need a plug for it, or a decomp and drill the top cover for it.

Like I always say,Lord willing and the crick don't rise. This show will be a good warmup for Jasper and you will get to meet a lot of new people. I plan on going up friday to get the lay of the land and should have a fresh pot of coffee on when you show up Saturday morning.:msp_smile:

Good I was worried we were getting left overs from this wkends GTG in Minn.:yoyo::yoyo::yoyo:

Sorry I was away for a while. I'll take up Kodiak on the Salmon and he can ship directly to me so it will be at the GTG site. I have a big grill on the back deck, and my wife will be here on Wed and Thurs!!!!

You got it. 25lbs of Coho Salmon will be shipped as soon as you're freezer is ready. Enjoy the fish everyone!!

You got it. 25lbs of Coho Salmon will be shipped as soon as you're freezer is ready. Enjoy the fish everyone!!
Freezer is ready and I got my addy sent off so everyone can expect plenty of salmon for the grill!

Also bottling the Bourbon Porter this weekend so hopefully it's ready to share a few in a couple weeks! Wendell your share will depend on if you leave bacon for others...:tongue: (if you can still make it that is...?)

What are the plans for Sat morning breakfast? how many people are we looking at being here by 7am? I have a decent size electric flat iron for making pancakes or french toast... OR for those with a sweet tooth I can make cream cheese and strawberry jam french toast sandwiches...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back