Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to come get a load or 10 of hedge logs;) I have lots of fence to build and no posts to bury in the ground

I could ship you some nice corner posts,but the freight would be a killer.:smile2:

Saturdays progress

Saturday was beautiful in the sticks. 15 degrees light snow and whisper quiet (before the saws started). Shaun and I managed to murder 21-25 treed for the gtg all before 11 am!

The murder weapons, My 2171, Shauns SICK 288, Project X, Shauns 2150.
100_1140_zps810292fd.jpg

Setting on the biggest tree shaun cut.
100_1139_zps3cf44faa.jpg

Murder photos....
100_1142_zpsda3b41b1.jpg

100_1141_zpseb62b70b.jpg

There are prolly 10 more in the pic to drop but we ran out of time as I had a wedding to attend and nobody wants to fell trees alone!

Wish I coulda been there... Wife drug me up to Tama to pick the dog up Friday night so I had to help keep watch on the new pup this weekend!:bang:

And No offense but 4hrs of driving for 4hrs of cutting... nah... I got 7hrs of shop time in on Saturday and didn't have to get up at 5am to drive to Chelsea. :msp_tongue: If you guys were cutting all day I would've definitely drove all the way back and cut all day with you both! Let me know when the next weekend cut is, and I'll do my best to be there with the Smurfs. Looks like fun wish I was there :sad:

PS: Lovin the Titanium and TSB bars!!! :msp_thumbsup: :msp_thumbsup: :msp_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wish I coulda been there... Wife drug me up to Tama to pick the dog up Friday night so I had to help keep watch on the new pup this weekend!:bang:

And No offense but 4hrs of driving for 4hrs of cutting... nah... I got 7hrs of shop time in on Saturday and didn't have to get up at 5am to drive to Chelsea. :msp_tongue: If you guys were cutting all day I would've definitely drove all the way back and cut all day with you both! Let me know when the next weekend cut is, and I'll do my best to be there with the Smurfs. Looks like fun wish I was there :sad:

PS: Lovin the Titanium and TSB bars!!! :msp_thumbsup: :msp_thumbsup: :msp_thumbsup:

LOL takes me 6 min to get there!!

ya ,takes me longer to get dressed than to get there. but had to work:mad2::mad2: someday i might get to cut some wood and use the 2188.

Glad you guys are willing to cut and get wood ready. Wish I could have been there to help. Thanks to these fellows we should have some nice trees to cut on in April. Now we need to get the tractor and get to pulling wood and hauling to the GTG site.:msp_thumbup:
Maybe this week after work the weather will be cooperative for that!

Ron

Bump bump

Probably a good idea to start bumping time and place once in a while. I'll go dig it up if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I just bought a spare pair of chaps, I'll bring them along for anyone who doesn't wear them but wants to try a set. I spent 30 some years cutting before I bought a set, now it's very rare when I cut without them on.

I also conned Fyrebug out of a couple goodies when I bought my new stove. I'll have a size XL SBI sweatshirt for the door prize fund.

Just got a "new-to-me" P52 on the way and possibly another 655... Might drag them along to try out but I know Shaun and Alex will probably bring theirs... Poulan Pro/Pioneer family GTG Pic??? Seems we missed group and saw pic last fall :(

Just got a "new-to-me" P52 on the way and possibly another 655... Might drag them along to try out but I know Shaun and Alex will probably bring theirs... Poulan Pro/Pioneer family GTG Pic??? Seems we missed group and saw pic last fall :(

I'll most likely have my P-60 and P-41W along for the ride.

I'll most likely have my P-60 and P-41W along for the ride.

I'll be bringing my PP655 and hopefully a ported P62 along with the usual spread of red/black or orange saws. Oh... and the Italian tank.

Got one April 6 down here if ya just gotta do sumpthin'!!!

Sound interesting... where exactly?

I just got a pm back from Gregg at baileys..... Is anyone interested in doing the ms290 long block swap? I need a volunteer and a saw. Please let me know so I can get back to Gregg.

I would love to help out in MN but we have plans that weekend.. This community really is cool how people help each other out.. My hats off to all of you that are able to help them out!!

Latest posts

Back