Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should re-phrase that..... Cottonwood should be the sacraficial gtg wood because its not even worth huling home for heat.
You better take that back or you'll curse yourself! I remember a cottonwood being harder than Stihl chain last year. :taped:

Think we will have a log big enough for the Hedgerow Dolly fest? I've noticed last year there wasn't much room.

If you used semi-chisel, you'd never hit anything...

How true that is my friend.... How true that is.......

My first year of living where I do now I had no wood ahead and had not yet met the Hoskeys. So for heat I bought nfg logs from the local sawmill and in the middle of this 18" walnut I hit a deer slug.. Too bad that log got kicked to nfg pile for a deer slug.. Good heat tho!!

Btw It was with semi chisel.. It wasnt til I found this site that I had heard of chisel..

Think we will have a log big enough for the Hedgerow Dolly fest? I've noticed last year there wasn't much room.
easy now... there will be plenty of Smurfs there too... i'll make sure of that! :msp_biggrin: Plus if shaun gets Papa Smurf soon enough there will be no chasing him down with a Dolly! :msp_scared:
Just make sure Shaun cuts on it first... He'll find any steel or rocks it may have...
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: that rite thuuur is funny!
If you used semi-chisel, you'd never hit anything...
LOL! yeah right! Shaun probably donesn't even own a loop of semi chisel.. Mr. Square Grind only likes it a certain way...

Speaking of the devil you should have the misses make another pot of clam chowder for us shawn! :wink2:

How true that is my friend.... How true that is.......

My first year of living where I do now I had no wood ahead and had not yet met the Hoskeys. So for heat I bought nfg logs from the local sawmill and in the middle of this 18" walnut I hit a deer slug.. Too bad that log got kicked to nfg pile for a deer slug.. Good heat tho!!

Btw It was with semi chisel.. It wasnt til I found this site that I had heard of chisel..

Try cutting the trees on that little corner lot of ours... Anything I cut in that dang lot had nails and and wire in it. Come to find out the old rail road cut through our property so i'm sure they put up telegraph wire and all kinds of stuff in our trees. I refuse to cut with anything but semi on trees off our lot. Even hit a couple rail road spikes in the middle of a couple big old oaks... PS: Shauns beloved Cottonwood was not from my lot... i still have that piece of wood though...

Perhaps we should invest in a metal detector for the gtg and scan all the questionable logs. I'll hold the beer while you scan.

I have the $20 version (Little Wizard) for woodworking. The log versions start at $1,400. Makes sense for a sawmill, but that's a lot of chains to break even.

Philbert

bifocal safety glasses, security metal detectors, woodworking metal detectors, Earthquake Preparedness Products, Earthquake safety products

This be true...So then I guess that was pointless idea.

As a local drunk used to tell me "sometimes we have to piss into the wind to wash our boots"

So anyways, my 2171 is about to be sent away when funds come through. I've put money and time into it and its become one of those headaches best for me to get rid of. Anyone have some tannerite?

easy now... there will be plenty of Smurfs there too... i'll make sure of that! :msp_biggrin: Plus if shaun gets Papa Smurf soon enough there will be no chasing him down with a Dolly! :msp_scared:
Speaking of the devil you should have the misses make another pot of clam chowder for us shawn! :wink2:

Ummmmmm Isnt papa smurf a dolly underneath??

NOOOO....
SEXY!!!!

280198d1361319628-solo-jpg

:beauty3:

This be true...So then I guess that was pointless idea.

As a local drunk used to tell me "sometimes we have to piss into the wind to wash our boots"

So anyways, my 2171 is about to be sent away when funds come through. I've put money and time into it and its become one of those headaches best for me to get rid of. Anyone have some tannerite?

Have you thought of painting it orange and white yet?:)

Ray

Back