Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice :rock: So I heard you got to check out my 2171. How's that look?

Yes, I took a quick look. Piston/cylinder are fine, but the AM cylinders port timing is not the best for a great runner. I think your flooding issue came from the carb needing some help. I'll get her all fixed up in the next few weeks.

I've got plenty of saws for the lil guy to run, it's the mx bike I need to start looking for.. Thanks!

When the time is right you cant go wrong with a KTM 65. Fast little bikes when we were still racing there were a few around. Powerband out of this world I'd like to make a gtg hot saw out of one. I've seen them turn 10.500-11,000

Yep, for a 65cc race bike, ktm has that class covered. If I have it may may he will be riding before walking!!

Yes, I took a quick look. Piston/cylinder are fine, but the AM cylinders port timing is not the best for a great runner. I think your flooding issue came from the carb needing some help. I'll get her all fixed up in the next few weeks.

Well its much appreciated. I managed to get hold of a 385xp to handle my bigger cutting for now. It needs some tlc my friend used it logging for 3 months. Still runs well and has great compression. The carb is a little tempermental.

Well I got a box today from bailey's..... Looks like we are going to need a ms310 ms390 saw to do the long block swap with and a volunteer to do it. I didnt think that Gregg would send it but that is way cool. We also got 8 chains for the chain race and for race prizes!! My hats off to Gregg and Baileys for their support!!:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

Well I got a box today from bailey's..... Looks like we are going to need a ms310 ms390 saw to do the long block swap with and a volunteer to do it. I didnt think that Gregg would send it but that is way cool. We also got 8 chains for the chain race and for race prizes!! My hats off to Gregg and Baileys for their support!!:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

I'm pretty sure I can find a carcass... to bad I just sold my last ms290! I'll probably be able to find another and do the rebuild unless someone else wants to jump on that grenade...:blob2:

Are we raffling this one as well?

That would be my saw. When I watched the youtube video on my tablet. I thought WHAT! That is not any different. Then when it downloaded the second half of the video. Yippee!

You have to cut on the knotted end of the cant now in the dollar race...
:msp_sneaky:

Good morning,I thought that this thread needed a Bump. You Iowa boys are slacking here,need to keep this on page one. I'm looking forward to this GTG,The Hosky family are good people and I enjoy talking to them. I will see several of you at Matt's in about 19 days,Lord willing and the crick don't rise. I might even have a Stumpbroke suprise to bring to Iowa.:msp_biggrin: Have a safe one today and every day. Later Jim

Back