Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess (unscientifically) that over time, most of my bars get roughly the same treatment. Most common ones for me are a 20 and 24, usually run on the very same respective saws. The cheapo Husky branded laminate bars seem to have been the least durable. Among the best have been the old (pre Carlton) Sandvik/Windsor speed tips. With basic care, they have held up very well. I also have an older Total branded bar that is actually a Tsumura. That one seems pretty good too.

This is merely my experience over time with a limited number of bars, and your results may vary....

Race Cants

I stopped into the local saw mill in Chelsea last night and spoke with the owner and he has agreed to donate the race cants for our chain races and dollar races! I asked for oak for the chain races and cottonwood for the dollar races!!

Btw hows the buildoff saws coming?

I stopped into the local saw mill in Chelsea last night and spoke with the owner and he has agreed to donate the race cants for our chain races and dollar races! I asked for oak for the chain races and cottonwood for the dollar races!!

Btw hows the buildoff saws coming?

I'm almost finished up with the Eager Beaver. I'm going to see how it turns out but I have a back up plan just in case. I managed to wheel and deal and snatch up a 385xp yesterday. View attachment 283764

well... Had an awesome time at Shaun's on saturday and much was accomplished at the shop! I don't have the camera with so i'll have to post pictures later. Needless to say shaun did some awesome lathe and welding work. We cut some squish bands and chopped apart two old mall bars to make 1 larger one! will be cool to see the results.

Was good to see Mike and Mitch too!

well... Had an awesome time at Shaun's on saturday and much was accomplished at the shop! I don't have the camera with so i'll have to post pictures later. Needless to say shaun did some awesome lathe and welding work. We cut some squish bands and chopped apart two old mall bars to make 1 larger one! will be cool to see the results.

I'll probably go out to the shop tonight and finish the bar. I'll snap some pictures along the way.

I hope that 401 is what you needed to finish the hot rod smurf, can't wait to see it run Nathan!

Latest posts

Back