Iowa Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well gang I decided to stay home,:cry: it's just too far fer an old coot ta drive an besides that it's rainin and I remember drivin home in that _ _ _ _storm last year, you guys & gals have fun.

John

Waverly is spittin' distance from me (well... a little bit further than that), I'm halfway between Nashua and Charles city.
I ain't never been to one of these neither... don't know fur sure what it's all about.
But I figure it's close enough I can always turn around and head home if the boys start teasin' me (I'm the sensitive type) and I'd still be home in time for lunch.
What's to lose?? See ya' there...

Oh yeah... dump the user name :laughing:
grab him , and bring him along.......

Waverly is spittin' distance from me (well... a little bit further than that), I'm halfway between Nashua and Charles city.
I ain't never been to one of these neither... don't know fur sure what it's all about.
But I figure it's close enough I can always turn around and head home if the boys start teasin' me (I'm the sensitive type) and I'd still be home in time for lunch.
What's to lose?? See ya' there...

Oh yeah... dump the user name :laughing:

If your from Midway or there about, your very close to me in Marble Rock. JR

Sorry fellas the user name sticks! I've just now gotten into saw wrenching/using/tinkering after growing up cutting to feed 2 fireplaces at my dads. I've been wrenching/riding snowmobiles for many years. 2 smokes of coarse. Anyone big bore these saws? Porting? Yadayadayada! Seems I have a lot of reading to do. 1 cyl vs. 2. Likely similiar ideas I'd guess.
Speaking of the land between the rivers (Cedar/Shell Rock). I am within 3 miles each direction of both. Mucho time spent on both. Shell Rock gets most of my time but we utilize the Cedar as well.

What Spidey ????? No pictures ???
Oh man, I didn't take a camera, I didn't even take my saw... I've got a couple quick videos on my phone, but it's gonna' take my daughter to figure out how to make 'em work. I made a few cuts with a couple of saws there... but heck, I ain't much of a "cookie-cutter", I'm just a firewood hack. Still... now know what those GTGs are all about, I'll be better prepared at the next one.

There is a problem though... I may haf'ta get a second (and maybe a third) saw now.
Damnit... just what I needed... another thing to spend my money on... I was perfectly happy with my little 026 before today :angry:

I just got back about 45 minutes ago, had a great time as usual. The Hoskys, Mike, and those who set it up did fantastic, as always. I didn't know about the new tires on Jim's truck till just now. That was great, if I'd known I would have put some bucks in to. What food, there was enough to feed Patton and Montgomery and both their armies. Will post pics later. JR

I wish more would have been said about the tires as well for Jim. Nathan punched me in the leg at the table as I asked Jim sitting next to me if he got some new shoes for his truck. So apparently few knew about this. Did he figure it out?

Ok I now watched the video, it all makes sense now. Very nice job! Even funnier you dragging it out on Jim

Also thanks to Hoskeys and all everyone else that goes unmentioned as several people make this happen. You guys and ladies make it a great event.
Sent from somewhere

Thanks again to Ron, Mark, and Mike for all the work that went into setting this up and letting us all come and make a mess of the place.

Notes from the Iowa Mudfest 2015 / AKA the wet together. Stopped raining around 11:30 AM and out we went to tear thing up.

Jim did finally notice the tires, on the front... something to do with the wrong wheels on his truck.. They were still in the process of swapping things around when I left.

Photos? I think this just about sums it up, wood, sawdust, cookies, and big grins.

IMG_0062.JPG

Mark

Back