iron and oak splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlove

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
looking to purchase a iron and oak log splitter. it is the bhvh2209 fc with the 9 hp briggs and stratton vanguard motor would like any input if possible. comes with 3 year warranty and the motor because it is commerical.

thanks mr plumber. only concern is the briggs engine. more of a honda man due to experience...have a generator with a honda has run forever; good deal on splitter. briggs engine already on it.

Give Iron and Oak a call and see what they say about that engine.

I have heard good things about that air cooled Briggs. They are supposed to be fairly decent engines.

i did call them today. found out about the warranty..the other option was the 2209 without the f.c. was with the 8 hp. upgrade from a 6 that comes standard

Do you have folks helping you split?

I know I would never be able to keep up with it by myself.

I can't keep up with the 12 - 13 second cycle time I have now.

The big thing that kept me away from the Fast Cycle splitter is that I have youngsters helping me split sometimes. Figured 12 - 13 second cycle time was fast enough.

i have the exact splitter pa plumber has and it is awsome, way better than any box store splitter and the commercial honda is the cats meow. with that being said i think the vanguard is everybit as durable as the honda so i say go for it.:cheers:

thanks my boys have helped me before with other splitters i rented. seemed to take forever though sears version and a white.

thanks jbighump. i will probably pull the trigger tomorrow morning on this monster. one last question why did you go with the 26 ton version? do you do alot of knotty wood?

Went with the 26 ton because the price I got on it was the same as, or less, than the lower tonnage units.

The place I got mine through must have been trying to move them for some reason.

splitter

my friend has 1 and it is 1 bad ass splitter and fasr to just to boot good luck

id go with Honda if you can.

But the vanguards are Japanese made and I have always had great luck with them.

Back