Iron & Oak Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asb151

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
From reading past threads I see a couple of you have experience with these splitters. I am considering the 26 ton, 16 GPM, 9 HP Honda model. Any additional feedback based on actual use with this model?

I have compared it to the MTD/Troy Built and TSC models among others. From a quality stand point nothing seems close except the Timberwolf.

Thanks for any input.

I have an Iron and Oak splitter. I've used it for about two years now, without any problems. Mine has a Honda engine, which starts on the first pull, always, even in february. Mine was advertised as a 30 ton model, it has a 5" cylinder and is a horizontal only model. It has never bogged down with the single wedge and with the four way it gets through anything you'd consider burning. The only real problem is that the bolts on the push block are set through square holes, which means that if you apply a diagonal load on the block too many times, it will shear or stretch these bolts. Also, the paint has falked off the piston rather quickly, but this could be due to other things. Overall, a very good machine.

Where in Connecticut are you and how much wood are youl ooking to split?

I am in Colchester. South East of Hartford.

Total amount of wood to split is about 15-20 cord a year. Thats between myself and family members. Not that much really. A 22 ton might even do but the 26 is not much more cash.

Thats for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back