Ironhorse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... If you do want to learn about 2 strokes and saws and porting etc. Which are the channels to watch?

Just went back and watched again. Pioneer P 51
The reason I asked is because most saws of the age that any true Pioneer is, were already pretty hot from the factory. They were not EPA restricted and a lot of honest builders will tell you that there is not much they can do with them unless you want to go full race radical.

So... If you do want to learn about 2 strokes and saws and porting etc. Which are the channels to watch?
Brad Snelling was our porting guy here. Lots of good knowledge. He finally had enough of the crap here and stopped contributing. He use to have YouTube channel, but I haven't come across it in a long while. @bsnelling

Here it is. Look for

SNELLERIZED GARAGE​

on youtube.

My father started out building mill houses for Cone Mills, in the 40's I suppose.
When they consolidated the schools in 1963 they hired him to teach carpentry, brick laying, and electrical wiring.
They soon separated those. He taught carpentry for about 25 years and they actually built houses. Then some moron with the Greensboro News and Record reported that the kids were being exploited for labor.
I think everybody knows you learn from doing much better than any other way. And, you had the pot heads that disrupted everything and you couldn't get rid of them. It was "policy". So, he retired.

I worked for him in the summers. We built some apartments and odds and ends. It was just work to me. I could make more money share cropping tobacco.
Wish I had paid attention.

Are any of those Mill houses or mills still standing? I've been to the Moses Cone estate. Very nice place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back