Ironhorse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't have the ability to yap into a camera like a lot of the Youtube peeps do. It's not a knock against them, there are some that do it well, I'm just not interesting enough to hold a one-sided conversation.

On top of that, I'd never be able to grow a channel that much. Some people figure out the "algorithm" for a successful channel, but it also helps to have social media. I don't really do social media other than a few forums, but I think having an Instagram or even Fakebook is really important if you're going to build a "brand" of yourself. I'll probably get flak for this, but the audience you get from a forum such as this, is miniscule compared to instagram, fakebook, etc.
plus, it takes hrs. of editing too. it is a full-time job running a YouTube channel

Apart from the fact that influencers kind of make me puke, personally I would advise anyone to stay as far away from Tiktok as possible... Social media are data sharks, with few people actually realising how much our information is actually worth (social media users are basically the product...), but when it's in Chinese hands, it's even worse, and not a bit...
It's by now firmly established that there's strong ties between Bytedance (the company behind Tiktok) and the Chinese government...

Sorry for the off topic :)
that's why in the military you can't have a TIKtok

I'm still hoping the op gets his saw back. Or if nothing else, a dang good explanation. If you ever do send off another saw, I would buy some kind of micro-engraver and mark some of the parts . Might be a little proof of what they did or didn't do . Also helps prove it is yours if some dude decides to just keep it. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back