Ironhorse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I do agree that law enforcement is a lot less motivated to retrieve stolen property than they where before the woke world we live in now.
With all due respect, I had my first experience with this back in the late 1980's. It is not just the "woke" folks although it has gotten steadily worse.

About two years ago my wife ran a young fellow off the carport at gun point. He stole my generator. After calling 911 she called me at work. 45 minutes away. I got home 30 minutes before the LEO arrived. Fortunately nobody was hurt. She said he was young enough to be our son which would be mid 20's. She was able to remember half the tag number and I had all the information from the geny. I'll never see it again but I keep the new one in the basement. The frustration is real.

About two years ago my wife ran a young fellow off the carport at gun point. He stole my generator. After calling 911 she called me at work. 45 minutes away. I got home 30 minutes before the LEO arrived. Fortunately nobody was hurt. She said he was young enough to be our son which would be mid 20's. She was able to remember half the tag number and I had all the information from the geny. I'll never see it again but I keep the new one in the basement. The frustration is real.
Well as I said I have a bit of experience in this and how hard it is to recover items or for law enforcement to do anything.. This is a long post.

1. In 1988 my cousin over the bluff from me had his 86 TRX 200 4 wheeler stolen. They thieves went in a closed machine shed and lifted it up over the disk to get it out. I thought is was odd but was a rare occurrence. Well about 4 days later they went in our shed and stole my 85 TRX 250. At this point there was a farm in between us that the nice older man had allowed his kids and grandkids to run over him. They were running in and out at all hours of the night and were dealing drugs. We were told the teenage/20's kids had been seen on the 4 wheelers. We called the county sheriff. They came down and did a cursory search but found nothing since they had hidden them. Well another week went by and we spotted the machines hidden in a ditch on their farm. It tool field glasses but the machines could be seen on their farm from our field. We called the sheriff's department again and Detective Bush came out. He told us there was nothing we could do because we had no proof they were the ones that stole them. He also went as far as telling my father we could not legally retrieve the property even though we had the serial numbers. He then said we could be arrested for entering their property. My father looks at teh detective and said get your fiiing cuffs then. We drove in and picked up both machines. No one was ever charged nor went to jail.

2. We live right along the Mississippi river and trapped the river for years. We had our own landing along the nank on our land. In 1991 at the end of the season my father pulled the ole aluminum flat bottom up on the bank and left it. Well about mid-winter I went to go get it and the son of a gun was gone. It turns out the same jack=arses that took the wheelers drug the boat out on the ice and drug it downstream to where they could load it up then scrap it for aluminum. We were told that by one of the girlfriends of one son involved. Once again we were told nothing could be done.

3. In 1994 I was working for the US Army Corp of Engineers at our local Lock and Dam. We had a older guy they were forced to employ under some JTPA program. His father was a great man but he and his sons were not and had taken advantage of Fred SR. Well I get home from work one night and guess what my 4 wheeler had been stolen again (same one). At this point I did not think Freed JR was involved but he was. I went to work talking about it and that SOB kept his mouth shut. After a bit we were tipped off that Fred JR's son had stolen it. Well the sheriff was called and sure enough there was mine along with another one hidden under a tarp in a shed. Fred JR claimed his son said he bought them from"some Mexican in Wilton" Of course the kid stole them. Once again we took mine back and the police said we no proof to do anything.

4. In early 2017 I was cutting and burning brush in the same field involved in the first example. My sons came down to get me as it was time to go feed silage to the cows. We were feeding when we saw a strange 4 wheeler go down the road. Now my land is at the end of a dead end. We know all machines but I wanted to get the feeding done and get back to burning so I did not think much about it. Well when I went back to the burn pile my Stihl 440 was gone. My neighbor and his wife down the lane are retired officers and keep a keen eye on everything. I described the person and the wheeler and they told me who it was. It was the 20 something son of a different neighbor. I called his mom and said I wanted my saw back. She said she would ask him and call me back. Of course she did not so I called her again. She claimed he said he did not steal it (of course not) she said he just wanted to see where the smoke was coming from. I told her that was a bald arse lie and he was trespassing and stole it. Well the following weekend the thieving dipstick came by again. I took to chasing him on my four wheeler. We headed into the trail he had down through another neighbors (trespassing) I started ramming the back of his wheeler and he stopped. We had words (heated) and he claimed he did not steal my saw. Well I called the sheriff again. A officer called back and said the guy already had a theft warrant out . The officer said since it was Sunday they did not have the manpower to go after him as he had a history of running. In the end they did go arrest him on the warrant but they said they could do nothing about the saw as I did not see him take it.

Trust me it is not as simple as some think to go after theives

Well as I said I have a bit of experience in this and how hard it is to recover items or for law enforcement to do anything.. This is a long post.

1. In 1988 my cousin over the bluff from me had his 86 TRX 200 4 wheeler stolen. They thieves went in a closed machine shed and lifted it up over the disk to get it out. I thought is was odd but was a rare occurrence. Well about 4 days later they went in our shed and stole my 85 TRX 250. At this point there was a farm in between us that the nice older man had allowed his kids and grandkids to run over him. They were running in and out at all hours of the night and were dealing drugs. We were told the teenage/20's kids had been seen on the 4 wheelers. We called the county sheriff. They came down and did a cursory search but found nothing since they had hidden them. Well another week went by and we spotted the machines hidden in a ditch on their farm. It tool field glasses but the machines could be seen on their farm from our field. We called the sheriff's department again and Detective Bush came out. He told us there was nothing we could do because we had no proof they were the ones that stole them. He also went as far as telling my father we could not legally retrieve the property even though we had the serial numbers. He then said we could be arrested for entering their property. My father looks at teh detective and said get your fiiing cuffs then. We drove in and picked up both machines. No one was ever charged nor went to jail.

2. We live right along the Mississippi river and trapped the river for years. We had our own landing along the nank on our land. In 1991 at the end of the season my father pulled the ole aluminum flat bottom up on the bank and left it. Well about mid-winter I went to go get it and the son of a gun was gone. It turns out the same jack=arses that took the wheelers drug the boat out on the ice and drug it downstream to where they could load it up then scrap it for aluminum. We were told that by one of the girlfriends of one son involved. Once again we were told nothing could be done.

3. In 1994 I was working for the US Army Corp of Engineers at our local Lock and Dam. We had a older guy they were forced to employ under some JTPA program. His father was a great man but he and his sons were not and had taken advantage of Fred SR. Well I get home from work one night and guess what my 4 wheeler had been stolen again (same one). At this point I did not think Freed JR was involved but he was. I went to work talking about it and that SOB kept his mouth shut. After a bit we were tipped off that Fred JR's son had stolen it. Well the sheriff was called and sure enough there was mine along with another one hidden under a tarp in a shed. Fred JR claimed his son said he bought them from"some Mexican in Wilton" Of course the kid stole them. Once again we took mine back and the police said we no proof to do anything.

4. In early 2017 I was cutting and burning brush in the same field involved in the first example. My sons came down to get me as it was time to go feed silage to the cows. We were feeding when we saw a strange 4 wheeler go down the road. Now my land is at the end of a dead end. We know all machines but I wanted to get the feeding done and get back to burning so I did not think much about it. Well when I went back to the burn pile my Stihl 440 was gone. My neighbor and his wife down the lane are retired officers and keep a keen eye on everything. I described the person and the wheeler and they told me who it was. It was the 20 something son of a different neighbor. I called his mom and said I wanted my saw back. She said she would ask him and call me back. Of course she did not so I called her again. She claimed he said he did not steal it (of course not) she said he just wanted to see where the smoke was coming from. I told her that was a bald arse lie and he was trespassing and stole it. Well the following weekend the thieving dipstick came by again. I took to chasing him on my four wheeler. We headed into the trail he had down through another neighbors (trespassing) I started ramming the back of his wheeler and he stopped. We had words (heated) and he claimed he did not steal my saw. Well I called the sheriff again. A officer called back and said the guy already had a theft warrant out . The officer said since it was Sunday they did not have the manpower to go after him as he had a history of running. In the end they did go arrest him on the warrant but they said they could do nothing about the saw as I did not see him take it.

I think most places the law seems to help these sort of people, going and getting back stolen property I have done the same as you, then for me it is payback time plus a smack in the mouth which often offends, xxxx them!
Where we live now, somebody steals or whatever they feel the force of the locals, no mambe pambi here.
Whats the answer, a lot down to the parents plus they have no respect for anybody or anything.

How does the potmetal pony still have a youtube channel & viewers? Your a thief, guess i need to start dropping some negative coments on his vids, but i got better things to do. Never send that conartist a saw - isn't there a list of saw scammers posted some where? JMS, potmetal pony, etc?
who is JMS? is he the one that did the NOS saw and it caught fire?

Husky77
Over three years iron horse has posted many videos and often says he will reply to people so why hasnt this unhappy fella got in touch with him.

Are you sure you read all the posts?
From the original post-
Anyone had trouble with this guy returning saws I build saws he said he wanted to try something different with a dolmar 7900 it's been 3 years he won't answer the phone won't return calls just ghosted me I've even posted on his channel

That would be frustrating. I did eventually install a camera system throughout the home. The LEO told me if the geny had been chained up he could do more. Go figure, it's somehow my fault now.

When watching one of Ironhorse first videos, it only took me about 10 minuter, to be suspicious. He was showing how to use a degrewheel. He push the piston down with a screwdriver and set the Wheel at bdc. That way is not the right way. I think he mist almost 10 degrese.
And then went onto timing his cylinder. When his intake opened at 75 and closed at 84, it should’ve turned on a lightbulb that the wheel wasn’t zeroed. But nope, kept on leading the flock. And no one in his comments picked up on it either

And then went onto timing his cylinder. When his intake opened at 75 and closed at 84, it should’ve turned on a lightbulb that the wheel wasn’t zeroed. But nope, kept on leading the flock. And no one in his comments picked up on it either
Because they have no idea what’s going on he tells them it’s great so it must be, kinda puts things in perspective when you see what’s going on in our country today people walking around with no clue head so far up in the clouds it’s stupid

So I could be up to speed I hunted up one of Billys movies after 5 minutes and after hearing the word friends for the 10 thousands time I had to escape.I do not know if he knows anything or not but I have never saw another person who I have never met that I could dislike as much as Billy each to their own.I do not know what could be worse listen to friendly Bill or suffer the agony of listening to someone elses nagging wife.
Kash

So I could be up to speed I hunted up one of Billys movies after 5 minutes and after hearing the word friends for the 10 thousands time I had to escape.I do not know if he knows anything or not but I have never saw another person who I have never met that I could dislike as much as Billy each to their own.I do not know what could be worse listen to friendly Bill or suffer the agony of listening to someone elses nagging wife.
Kash
C'mon friend be kind show the love, don't be mean LOL. The wife asked me what drugs he took, that fried his brain lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back